Jumaine Jones

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:08 pm
Jumaine Jones is a FA and might be a nice addition. He can shoot well and plays defense pretty good too. Might give dun and Pietrus a kick in the arse and take time away from them. He is a role player type that be more effective than dun and Pietrus are right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:36 pm
He only plays well one of each five games, but, on the other side, he'd be pretty cheap... and as Dun only plays well one of each 20 games... we're better off with Jumaine.

Now seriously (not that I wasn't being serious first). If we sign him, I doubt he wins the starting spot. Sports are a business, and if you're paying someone 44 million, he's going to play... even if only to showcase him for a future trade. I think Jumaine would only play around 15 minutes per game, at best.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:38 pm
Jumaine Jones would probably do better than Pietrus is doing now at SF and yes, he would come quite cheap. If no big trade is to happen, which is likely, adding solid role players is the next best thing

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:50 pm
migya wrote:Jumaine Jones would probably do better than Pietrus is doing now at SF and yes, he would come quite cheap. If no big trade is to happen, which is likely, adding solid role players is the next best thing

I'm not denying that Jumaine would be an improvement... I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Any player we may sign for cheap would play second fiddle to the rest of our "stars". Probably not with other coach (Musselman comes to mind), but with Monty, I'm damn sure that will be the case.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:13 am
Just looking for players that can add something and he just might

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:10 pm
jumaine=sun now
no dice
ImageImage

Return to Trades