Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:41 am
Yeah no sh*t tell me about it :evil:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:10 pm
#32 wrote:I just can't believe it took Cohan THIS LONG to finally crack on that guy.

Litterally, it took Chris Mullin miraculously pulling Don Nelson out of his ass to get Cohan's cheap fists to let go of Mike Montgomery.

God, we need another owner. :roll:

Well, I think it took like a 10 million hit to do that. 5 million to Monty for, well, get fired, and five for Nellie's new contract. I can understand the hesitancy...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:34 pm
I can't. Not with the kind of talent Golden State has... and the record Monty got us. He should have been fired mid-season. Too had Cohan's cheap ass is so frugal. :banghead:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:33 am
Not frugal... greedy is more like it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:32 pm
If we had another owner, we'd be a playoff team. There's no reason we couldn't be. We've had so much talent leave over the years to get playing time or cash, it's not even funny.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:06 pm
Couldn't be more true, as GSoM says, the suck and failure trickles down from the top, and Cohan is certainly sucking a lot!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:19 pm
But...

A new owner COULD mean a new location. I, personally, don't want that, unless it's to another area of the Bay (ie, San Fransisco, San Jose, Oakland, ect).
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:51 pm
Yeah, I seriously doubt they'd move out of the Bay, probably back to SF if they move at all, they've got history in the Bay and San Jose is the next possibility but i heard the Sonics could be moving there in the future :!:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:28 pm
#32 wrote:But...

A new owner COULD mean a new location. I, personally, don't want that, unless it's to another area of the Bay (ie, San Fransisco, San Jose, Oakland, ect).

They are in Oakland, right? I mean, that's why it's right next to the Raiders/A's stadium. SF would be nice, they were there before. San Jose would be nice also, but I'm not sure if I want to start changing my BART plans when I go to their games.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:58 pm
Yeah, they currently play in Oakland... but they're still the "Golden State" Warriors.

I just don't want somebody to pick them up and plant them down in Pittsburg or anything.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:38 pm
Wouldn't be the same would it if the team moves! I don't even live in Oakland and I don't want the team to leave there. Certain history is good and should be kept and cherished, not changed for the future because it is a real let down

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:03 pm
#32 wrote:Yeah, they currently play in Oakland... but they're still the "Golden State" Warriors.

I just don't want somebody to pick them up and plant them down in Pittsburg or anything.

Oh God no. I hope you're not talking about Pittsburg, CA. I live in Oakley, which isn't too far away from there. About a good 10-15 minute drive.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:19 pm
Haha, no I was referring to Pittsburg on the other side of the country.

If the Warriors played ANYWHERE in California (hell, even San Diego), I'd probably still go to the same amount of games. But making a game in PA sounds a little tough to me..
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:21 pm
Oh okay good. I'm pretty sure it would though, I mean, it is across the country you being on the westcoast them being on the east. Hah, what a commute.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:19 am
migya wrote:Wouldn't be the same would it if the team moves! I don't even live in Oakland and I don't want the team to leave there. Certain history is good and should be kept and cherished, not changed for the future because it is a real let down

Yeah, even if I don't live there, I don't want the Warriors to leave the Bay Area. I've been following them for years, always there and it would hurt to see them go. They're part of that community.

But I don't think a new owner would mean necessarily a change of location. The Warriors fans are the best of the country (that's a FACT) and every owner knows that he'll get his revenue as long as he puts a good product on the court.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board