Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:55 pm
Download or just listen on Mp3:

Don Nelson
http://24.104.40.88/knbr/0901nelson.mp3

Chris Mullin
http://24.104.40.88/knbr/0831mullin.mp3

Nelly's interview is great. He tells it like it is.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:20 pm
Really is an exciting time for all the Warriors fans!

One of the guys talking with Nelson was Tom Tolbert but who was that other guy with the funny sounding voice?

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:25 am
That's sport talk host Ralph Barbari , a judgemental snooty bootleg Joe Pesci :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:28 am
The guy was saying that he played for the Warriors back in the TMC days but I don't remember him

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:50 am
Thanks for posting it, #32.

I'm loving Nellie's signing more and more with every thing I read or heard about it. Nellie is always a great interview...

The point about Dampier is a good one. How can they pay him that much, but not Nash?. Sometimes I don't get what the owners or GMs think...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:00 am
TMC wrote:The point about Dampier is a good one. How can they pay him that much, but not Nash?. Sometimes I don't get what the owners or GMs think...

That was a stupid move by Cuban not resigning Nash as he was the motor that made them go, much like he is in the Suns. They got Dampier because he played well in his last season in the Warriors and showed promise of being a very solid Center. Cuban has found out that he got a lazy prik that just cares about the money! Good thing Cuban has plenty of money

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:07 am
migya wrote:That was a stupid move by Cuban not resigning Nash as he was the motor that made them go, much like he is in the Suns. They got Dampier because he played well in his last season in the Warriors and showed promise of being a very solid Center. Cuban has found out that he got a lazy prik that just cares about the money! Good thing Cuban has plenty of money

Yeah, but I wonder that if money was the issue for not re-signing Nash, why it ain't for Dampier?. Something smells bad about Nash leaving...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:45 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:That was a stupid move by Cuban not resigning Nash as he was the motor that made them go, much like he is in the Suns. They got Dampier because he played well in his last season in the Warriors and showed promise of being a very solid Center. Cuban has found out that he got a lazy prik that just cares about the money! Good thing Cuban has plenty of money

Yeah, but I wonder that if money was the issue for not re-signing Nash, why it ain't for Dampier?. Something smells bad about Nash leaving...

Definately does look bad but Cuban is a bit of a mystery

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:25 pm
migya wrote:The guy was saying that he played for the Warriors back in the TMC days but I don't remember him

That's cause Tom Tolbert was a major jobber (why else do you think he's been in radio/TV now for a good 3-5 years... after being drafted in '88!). The guy's career high season in minutes was probably 15 minutes at the most.

He's a great radio personality... but, in terms of NBA play, he was an undersized forward-center (6'7"!) that never made it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:47 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:The guy was saying that he played for the Warriors back in the TMC days but I don't remember him

That's cause Tom Tolbert was a major jobber (why else do you think he's been in radio/TV now for a good 3-5 years... after being drafted in '88!). The guy's career high season in minutes was probably 15 minutes at the most.

He's a great radio personality... but, in terms of NBA play, he was an undersized forward-center (6'7"!) that never made it.

I know who Tom Tolbert is but the I don't know who the other guy is. He said he had also played in the days of RunTMC but i didn't hear his name. Anyone know

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:19 pm
... it was either Tom Tolbert (Mr T) or Ralph Barbari (The Razor), and (judging from his gerth) I doubt Barbari was in the NBA in the past 20 years (if at all). Tom Tolbert was the one talking about being on the team during Run TMC.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Good listen, also good to hear Nelson is going to run everyone's asses off, maybe whoop Foyle, Baron, etc. into shape!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:17 pm
If Nelson can get Baron healthy enough to play a full season, I'll be ecstatic. My hope is 65 games.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:58 pm
That's a pretty fair prediction, hopefully into the 70's though.. We should also be concerned about J-Rich and that he doesn't get messed up by the surgery.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:56 pm
I mentioned it my in "Ratings" thread... I think JRich is primed for a set-back this year in the game's played department. His style just leaves too much room for injury... and he's been lucky for 5 years now.
Next

Return to News Articles