NBA.com Photo of the Year...

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:30 pm
... is such a joke. :roll:

Year after year, the best shots get clipped because of the votes of 8-year-old fanboys who just hammer their mouse clicks over the image of the bigger star (regardless of which dunk/play looks better).

I can already totally call the results for you:

1st Round

Big Ben defeats Iggy (rightfully so)
Kobe defeats Jefferies (totally wrong)
DWade beats GWallace (toss-up for better pic)
CP3 defeats Dwight Howard (rightfully)

Steve Nash will beat Nate Robinson's flush (totally wrong)
LeBron's slam will beat Michael Redd (right)
Vince Carter's stretch-rebound will knock out Jamal Crawford (wrong)
Shaq's generic slam will beat out Hakim Warrick (wrong)

Quarter Finals
Kobe defeats Big Ben (SO wrong, it's stupid)
DWade beats CP3 (right)

LeBron will beat Nash (right)
Carter will knock out Shaq (right)

Semi- Finals
Kobe's gay shot knocks out DWade (ridiculous)

Vince Carter knocks out LeBron (stupid)

Championship
Vince Carter's stretchy little rebound will beat out Kobe's generic shot.

Book it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:03 pm
I don't really care about the photo of the year, they're all pretty cool photos and I liked looking at them, it doesn't matter in my opinion.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:37 pm
I just hate all aspects of sports that involve children.

All-star voting, "MVP"s of certain magazines, and now this...

Kids ruin voting because none of them know what they are talking about.

"Yay!!!! Kobe!!!!" :hello1:

:evil: No, bitch. Kobe's picture looks like crap.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:45 pm
hahaha ok then
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:49 am
I just look at the pictures and like them. Whatever happens, happens. Though I do seem suprised and shocked when I see a picture that should've won, lose. I agree, it seems as little elementary/middle school kids who know nothing about polls and the backround behind what it's all about are the ones who vote over and over for their so-called "best player of all time and best in the league."

Overall I don't care, I just like looking at the suit the players are wearing before gametime. But it does seem annoying wondering how the hell are the better looking pics losing.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:09 pm
Yeah, it doesn't really matter, I get to look at all the pictures, it's not like photo of the year means anything.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:21 pm
I don't care about anything in which people (anyone) can vote and decide the outcome. It becomes a popularity contest and thus, biased.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 pm
TMC wrote:I don't care about anything in which people (anyone) can vote and decide the outcome. It becomes a popularity contest and thus, biased.

but don't be too faithful in the opinions of the so called experts! they have favourites to!

Make sure you don't have that opinion on government and running the world! True that the majority of people are stupid and deserve the fascist shiit they're getting but giving the power to the priks who run the world wholeheartedly is just STUPID!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:39 pm
If you're referring to the US, the majority of Americans voted for Al Gore and John Kerry in the last two elections... but the Republicans staged Florida and Ohio, respectively... and what can the people do about it? Revolt?

I hate the fact that so few people these days give a shiit about politics. If this were happening in the 70's, Bush would have been out on his ass during his first term. If Nixon did anything THIS bad, the American people would probably give him the King Louis treatment and cut his damn head off. I hate the administration (and so do the majority of Americans).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:36 pm
YOU HAVE TO STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS!

Number one weapon the priks that run this crap use is FEAR!
Guess what, just like an animal, when your back is against the wall, you and your loved ones have been living poorly (like many now are and will only get poorer as time goes by because it ain't getting better but worse - EVERYWHERE, here as well), you or someone you know or have seen gets beaten up by the so called authorities for questioning anything (as is happening more and more) - YOU WILL FIGHT THEN
Problem fukin is = By that time it will be too late! You will be weak (physically, definately mentally and very much materially) while those bastards will be stronger and ever less respectful of the peons and will not waste a second in killing ya! Awful but true as is seen in the U.S. and also other parts of the world.

I know some here may just think that I am extreme but they are trying to avoid the truth and that is = WHATEVER FUKIN HAPPENED TO TRUE DEMOCRACY! If ever did exist.

I look at it like being at a party (like the ones I used to go in the last two years of high school where there are somtimes some shady characters) and there being one very big bully that tries to beat someone else up. He will succeed if that other person does not defend themselves and if the other people there don't stop that arsehole trying to harm and violate him. Same thing with the governments of the world! THEY ARE IN THEIR POSITIONS TO SERVE US! They will always use excuses like they are valid reasons because that's what anyone wanting to have their way and/or trying to make their lies pass as truth does. eg. Setting up a roadblock to search everyone's cars for so called "potentially harmful possessions" and then interogating people over the simplest things like overly big car seat covers or sports equipment lik they are potential weapons (what ridiculous shiit)
Another example is curfews of all under 18s. This is too extreme and though it may reduce hassles from people younger than 18 (though the real dikheds will still go out and do shiit and get away with it alot of the time), it takes away the freedom of considered, peaceful young people who would never cause any trouble.

eg. Going into Iraq for a reason that was not the real reason for going in and invading like it's the fuking 2 century Roman times.
Synonymous with
eg. One workmate opening up another workmate's backpack and saying that he thought the other guy stole his tools when in fact he went into the bag and stole a couple of the other guy's tools (happens a fair bit).

We are all being put into a shell or sphere and the priks want that and don't want us to feel free and special like we really are.

Though I rspect some of the things that cops do and control, I've seen plenty of blatant bullshiit that would get other people fired from their jobs and citizens get beaten badly for. I wouldn't hesitate in getting some of my jiu jitsu and kickboxing mates together to dish out some lat night justice to a cop or whoever else it may be if the shiit is serious enough! It is all about accountability and the governments don't really have any because the people just don't do enough and let them off the leash! A few peons yelling out ain't going to do shiit and it is worse when there are idiots who actually support the governments and some of their decisions like bombing another country!

That's just me though - Fair and just, the only way that works
Last edited by migya on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:08 am
this topic is about as gay as dr. troy in his realization in the season premiere of nip/tuck.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:45 am
migya wrote:I know some here may just think that I am extreme but they are trying to avoid the truth and that is = [b]WHATEVER FUKIN HAPPENED TO TRUE DEMOCRACY![/b] If ever did exist.

Never.

Power corrupts. No matter who takes charge in a position of power, they won't do everything according to their previous plan. The system don't work that way.

If I want to win an election, I know what I have to do. Just say the things people wants to hear. Avoid debate. Attack the oposition without talking specifically about our future plans.

Democracy is a good thing, but, at the same time, it's utopic. Real democracy does not exist. It's idealistic. It's yet another popularity contest. Just look at a party convention and the people looks like fans of any team, cheering for anything the leaders say...

And the fact that I hate the most is that I love politics, but, at the same time, I hate politicians. Is their fault things are this way?. Yes (globally) and no... What can anyone do to change it?. If you don't play by the rules, you're out. No one can win by himself.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:53 am
That's the problem - Most people are so stupid that they like the present system and the present rules. They like the drama and all the superficial bullshiit so they deserve the pigeonholing and suffering. Some people just want to have things right with no garbage attached and that is not going to happen while the majority either fail to se the truth or accept what is right now as being right.

I'm not a christian and don't believe in any religious text of any religion that exists as being the truth but it is obvious to me that they are changed versions of the truth. There has to be a change and unfortunately it will be with the death of most of the people because that is the only way to get rid of all the filth beliefs and ways. People seem to find it alright to oppress others and take away freedoms for no positive reason and that is what has to go.

Politics, to me, has always been a haven for the lazy bullshiit artists who want to make the money, no matter what crap they have to dribble!

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:10 pm
Wow this thread suddenly became political. I guess something like this can lead to it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:28 pm
whose green party around here?
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Next

Return to Sports Board