Baron. Arenas. who in 07?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Will B.Diddy in '07 make us forget about Arenas like he did 2 seasons ago?

73%
Yes
11
27%
No
4

Total votes: 15

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:26 pm
Your description of a "superstar attitude" sounds a lot like JRich actually.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 452
» Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:21 pm
yeah, i feel jrich can actually be a legitmate superstar in this league. he has the talent, and as his game matures even more [defense etc.], he'll without a doubt be one of the better 2's in the league.

baron's game is already refined, and quite one of a kind, when hes healthy. his motivation, and drive -- thats questionable.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Yeah but his motivation and drive are hard to change. Hopefully Nellie will give him a push, but at the same time he could have trouble.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:52 pm
John Patrick wrote:Yeah but his motivation and drive are hard to change. Hopefully Nellie will give him a push, but at the same time he could have trouble.

I think Nelson's arrival is perfect for Baron's motivation.

Lots of coaches are good at teaching basketball. Hell, even Mike Montgomery was good at teaching the mechanics and basics. But the real HOF coaches who go down as the greatest ever (Phil Jackson, Red Aurbach, Don Nelson, Larry Brown, ect) are the ones who make their players WANT to win. They're the ones that make all the other petty crap irrelevant and, suddenly, the only thing that matters is winning.

That's why Don Nelson is such a great coach... because he plants that attitude into his players.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:08 pm
Good point, but still...

Baron could choose to not buy into all the "winning attitude". Even if he does, he is still injury prone, and that seriously hinders the team.

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:18 am
The only :?: mark to me is Injury's :!: With Baron knowing Nelson's style suits him perfect and that Nellie will have the TEAM "Run like Hell" Baron will be in top shape eager to show and prove to the doubters and most importantly himself that he can lead this TEAM into the playoffs and back too respectability, Nellie+Healthy Diddy [-o< = Playoffs
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:54 am
I just want Nellie to teach him to take better, smarter shots... That is the worst part of his game by far.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:48 am
It all rides on whether or not Baron listens to Nelly.

Injuries too.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:44 pm
Baron and Nelly won't have drama. I think that much is expected.

And, regarding the injuries again... like I said, it usually hinges on whether or not Baron is happy. He has a knack for "getting hurt" when things with the team go south. He did it in NO, he did it last season when the Warriors started losing... if Nelson can make the Warriors playoff-bound (which many believe is a given), Baron will play over 60 games next year (I'm better 65-70).
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21904
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:57 pm
John Patrick wrote:Your description of a "superstar attitude" sounds a lot like JRich actually.



Nothing wrong with having more than one leader type player, as long as there is no friction. JRich certainly seems to be taking the lead both on and off the court and that is a sign of a star
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21904
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:58 pm
John Patrick wrote:Good point, but still...

Baron could choose to not buy into all the "winning attitude". Even if he does, he is still injury prone, and that seriously hinders the team.



Then I'd trade his arse! The so called star of the team, anyone for that matter, can't have that attitude. If that happens he has to go because things will never get good with him having a bad attitude
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21904
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:01 pm
#32 wrote:if Nelson can make the Warriors playoff-bound (which many believe is a given), Baron will play over 60 games next year (I'm better 65-70).



Since when does playing only 60-70 games become a good thing! Baron has to play close to EVERY game, like most players do, for the team to be real good. Baron certainly gets paid alot and that should translate into him being in shape and wanting to play in every game as so to give his team the best chance of winning as much as possible!
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 pm
migya wrote:Since when does playing only 60-70 games become a good thing!

When you average 54 games a season for the past 4 years, 65 games sounds real nice.

You can't expect Baron's injuries to just "dry up" like they never happened. If he has a Griffey-like season this year (with his usual productiveness... and a lot more games), I'll be extremely happy.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21904
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:13 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:Since when does playing only 60-70 games become a good thing!

When you average 54 games a season for the past 4 years, 65 games sounds real nice.

You can't expect Baron's injuries to just "dry up" like they never happened. If he has a Griffey-like season this year (with his usual productiveness... and a lot more games), I'll be extremely happy.



I just hear all this talk that Baron seems to get injured and miss games when his team is not doing so well and that just makes me think that the guy is not that badly hurt and that his attitude is not what is needed but hopefully things will get better with him from now on
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:28 pm
Yeah, one of the main reasons they hired Nellie is to light the fire under Baron's ass.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests