A Trade for Nelly

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:41 am
I wished Nelson was hired 3 months ago. If he was, then I doubt that the Warriors would of drafted O'Bryant and Perovic. It would of been players like Brewer and Alexander Johnson. Be it as it may, Nelson is the new coach and he needs the players around him to fit his style of play. Murphy and Foyle are going to little time under Nellie since they aren't fast nor are they athletic. Murphy is no Nowitzki..its not even close by a mile. There is a trade out there for this team to get better and one is with Chicago.

Chicago's Nocioni isn't suspected back after the season is over and this team still has a need for a big 2 guard. I thought they had one with J.R. Smith, but he was moved to Denver almost immediately. Tyrus Thomas is better suited as a SF and has been compared to a Shawn Marion type player. If the Warriors can offer Murphy, Pietrus, and O'Bryant for Nocioni, PJ Brown, and Deng.. then I think it would work out for both teams. The Bulls still need a PF and Murphy can be ahead of a guy like Sweeney on the depth chart.

Bulls starting line up: Hinrich, Pietrus, Thomas, Murphy, and Wallace.

For the Warriors, the big thing is to get rid of Troy's contract and get some expiring ones which they do in Nocioni and Brown. Deng could subplant Dunleavy in the starting line up.

Nellie's Line up:

PG Davis / Ellis / McCleod
SG Richardson / Nocioni / Brown
SF Deng / Dunleavy / Cabarkapa
PF Diogu / P. Brown / Taft
C Biedrins / Foyle / Taft
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:33 am
Nocioni AND Deng?. We'd be raping them... Also, Chicago wouldn't waste all the cap space they created by trading Chandler on our players (Murphy, as POB's rookie contract is small and Pietrus is an expirer), as they publicly stated that they made the trade to have cap space to re-sign their younger players (Hinrich the next offseason, Deng the next after that...)

btw, I think, long term, Deng will be the better player.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:29 pm
I've come to the conclusion that Deng AND Nocionni are probably gonna both stay in Chicago. The Bulls love them both.

Also, regardless of WHEN we hired Nelson, the draft would have been the same because Nelly's been given no upper management power this time around. Mullin will continue to run the team, while Nelly coaches them. And, if Nelly's as testy as they say with GM's, it could very well ruin their friendship as well (as it did with Cohan and Cuban).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:19 pm
Yeah, but was Nelly really friends with Cohan or Cuban?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:09 pm
Bulls would never do that trade and I'd rather Deng and only him for all three players

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:19 pm
John Patrick wrote:Yeah, but was Nelly really friends with Cohan or Cuban?

Cohan? Not sure. I know that they had a working, decent business relationship.

Cuban? You bet.

Neither could compare to what Nelly and Mully have (Nelson helped Mullin kick his sauce habbit, for God's sake)... but still. It says something that he always leaves his teams in a bitter fashion.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:40 pm
Yeah, but Nelly and Mully have a history.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 pm
And Nelly has no history with Cohan or Cuban...?

Don't get me wrong; like I said, Mullin's relationship is the strongest one of the bunch... but to think Cohan and Cuban were nothing to Nelson during his respective says at Golden State and Dallas doesn't sound true to me.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:00 pm
Alright, sounds about right, I won't argue with that.

As for the trade, yeah I agree, no way the Bulls will do this. Maybe Deng for Murphy and Biedrins? (Just a thought, I haven't checked salaries or anything like that)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:44 pm
John Patrick wrote:As for the trade, yeah I agree, no way the Bulls will do this. Maybe Deng for Murphy and Biedrins? (Just a thought, I haven't checked salaries or anything like that)

Hmmm... maybe.

Murphy's salary is huge, compared to the other two... so Golden State would also need to take a PJ Brown back in the deal, as well.

I can't see Chicago going for this trade either, though. Murphy's the lure of the trade... and they've already got PJ Brown & Tyrus Thomas.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:10 pm
My prediction is Thomas=bust.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:40 pm
OUCH.

Tyrus Thomas seems pretty legit, to me. I think both he and Alderige are gonna be solid NBA big men. Both play defense, are incredibly athletic, and have shown talent in college. That's not usually a recipe for destruction.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:35 pm
Aldridge could really becaome a franchise player in the Blazers, especially since there is a big chance that both Miles and Randolph could get traded if their attitudes get real bad. Blazers did great getting their hands on Roy and Aldridge, even though a PG (Foye) was what they really needed because they are now thin there and already had webster to play SG. magloire makes them solid as well, they really could be good in two seasons

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:36 pm
Aldridge will be a good center, Thomas seems to be too raw and his shot-blocking and rebounding will be over shadowed by Wallace and that will hurt his development.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:58 pm
Well, that's one scenario...

Then again, maybe the fact that Chicago doesn't need him to develop so quickly will allow him to pan out at a learner's pace, giving him the maximum ability to turn his potential into actual NBA game. It never hurts to learn from one of the best, like Wallace.
Next

Return to Trades