Players Don Nelson Will Help/Hinder

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Nelson's overall effect make the Warriors better or worse as a whole?

Much Better! 50 Wins!
12
29%
He'll wake up Golden State's talent... 40 wins.
26
63%
Nelson won't help. Same record.
2
5%
He'll pull a Larry Brown and actually make the team WORSE.
1
2%
 
Total votes : 41

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:50 pm
Here's another example: Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDysse. In the same amount of minutes per game, they yield about the same numbers. Wallace is an all-star... so how can you say McDysse isn't outstanding?

I dunno... maybe we better just agree to disagree.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:58 pm
#32 wrote:Here's another example: Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDysse. In the same amount of minutes per game, they yield about the same numbers. Wallace is an all-star... so how can you say McDysse isn't outstanding?


It was more of an etymological thought than about basketball... I know what you mean, and even agree. :thumbleft:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:30 pm
Hoonyo wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Peitrus and Biedrins should both have upgrades in playing time. If anyone knows how to manage talent it's Nellie. Pietrus and Biedrins aren't at the level we'd want them to be in their respective stages of their career because of one reason, one specific person...Mike Montgomery. He never gave those guys enough time to produce more during games which is why we never saw the true talent from our young bench.
Dude, Pietrus started 18 games last season and averaged 22.7 minutes per game. Have you seen him on the France team in the FIBA tournament? He's been horrible.

Biedrins didn't get time because he's a foul a minute.


Well that's because ever since Pietrus got injured last season, he's never been the same. He was actually playing decent in November, but once he got injured....Pietrus played like he was nothing but a poor man's trash.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:43 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Taft has the physical tools to be one of the best players under Nelson! He can run, is strong and can finish on offense and block on defense


But can he stay healthy?... that's the main concern about Taft right now.



That is the only real X factor because he is strong and very athletic and those are the tools needed to become a good offensive and defensive player
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:26 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Taft has the physical tools to be one of the best players under Nelson! He can run, is strong and can finish on offense and block on defense


But can he stay healthy?... that's the main concern about Taft right now.



That is the only real X factor because he is strong and very athletic and those are the tools needed to become a good offensive and defensive player

Especially in Baron/Nelly's offense. :mrgreen:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:26 pm
Yeah, and the reason he got injured was from dunking on someone. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:27 pm
He could be running and dunking all night long! He is one of the players with the greatest potential to flourish under Nelson
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:28 pm
Yeah, Nelson will capitalize on his athletic ability!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:44 pm
Don't be suprised if Nellie uses Monta more than often. He could be used more than Baron if he can't hold up with all the running they'll do all season long. The man has had so many injuries. With Nelson's system of offense, Baron better hold up or else Monta will shine brighter.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:46 pm
Yeah, Monta is Nelson's type of player.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 pm
John Patrick wrote:Yeah, Monta is Nelson's type of player.



Exactly. Nellie loves to run. And Monta can run, and when I say run, I mean RUN. He's fast, he's aggressive and never too scared to drive on his opponent. Baron has had too many injuries. If he blows another knee out then it's over. Monta will be the new star and Nelson will do a damn well done job at getting this kid to become a second round allstar.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:54 pm
Monta Ellis is definately the sort that can run and gun but he is slender and if he drives alot, he might risk getting injured himself
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:02 pm
migya wrote:Monta Ellis is definately the sort that can run and gun but he is slender and if he drives alot, he might risk getting injured himself


Just like D-Wade. But Monta should try and do what D-Wade does, just not spend most of his career on the ground than on his feet or in the air.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:07 pm
Last thing that is wanted is the most potential filled young star of the team getting any serious injury because that could harm his career. Monta Ellis has the ability to be a great player and it all could start in a couple of months because he has the right coach to let him do what he does best
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:47 am
Agreed, he needs to hit the weight room though.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron