Another why not trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:52 am
Just another why not, blow it out the arse trade:

GS trades Murphy, Dunleavy and Obryant to Knicks. Trade Pietrus to 76ers.

Knicks trade Francis and Nate Robinson to 76ers. Trade Jalen Rose to GS.

76ers trade Iverson to Knicks and Rodney Carney to GS.

Knicks get another couple of bigs (which they probably don't need but anyway). Murphy is starting PF with Curry and Frye splitting time at Center. O'bryant and Jerome James can fight for what ever is left. Dunleavy could be starting SF that actually brings the ball up for them more often than not because then Iverson could play off the ball. Iverson gives the Knicks the real superstar they want.

76ers get Francis, the still very good PG and Nate Robinson the backup PG but both can play together in the backcourt. Iggy goes to SF more often. Pietrus is a 6th man that but more probable starting SG or SF alongside Iggy and Francis.

Warriors get rid of salary and take on expirer in Rose. Carney is more refined than Pietrus
Last edited by migya on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:58 am
=D>

Your best effort so far. I love, L-O-V-E that trade idea. Just call Mullin, Isiah and Billy King right now (you just have to convince Isiah that it was his idea, common sense should be enough with the others). Everybody wins in it, which is astounding with the players involved.

In this trade we got Jalen, who still is decent at sf and is an expirer, and future insurance with Carney... and in case it doesn't work, we'll have cap space to sign somebody. Brilliant.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:47 am
Don't reckon the Knicks would take on another Center without losing one. Maybe Jerome James would have to be included in such a deal. Everyone has major changes but potentially positive ones since all three teams are non playoff teams at the moment.

Carney would be better right now than Pietrus and so that is a plus

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:59 am
I don't see philly trading AI for francis and peanuts. Maybe if it was the francis of 2003, but not the francis of today. plus, having a team with chris webber (35) as your best player is kind of sad
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:09 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I don't see philly trading AI for francis and peanuts. Maybe if it was the francis of 2003, but not the francis of today. plus, having a team with chris webber (35) as your best player is kind of sad

I don't think Francis is a different player. I think it's just a motivational issue. He wanted out of Orlando... and went straight to the bench in NY. Francis has never looked too confident to me, and that's a hard situation for him. He could be what he was in a different team (although I'd never like him much as a pg).

"Coincidentally", his decline started when the Magic traded his buddy Mobley...

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm
i reckon' this should be one of those posts that has '0' replies
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:13 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I don't see philly trading AI for francis and peanuts. Maybe if it was the francis of 2003, but not the francis of today. plus, having a team with chris webber (35) as your best player is kind of sad

Francis has been missing the last year. Don't forget how good he was before that. Nate Robinson is quite good and the sixers have no real backup PG right now so he fits well. Pietrus could really do well in that team, with Francis, Webber and Iggy.

like I said, just a trade out of th arse. The Knicks would be the ones that probably say no because they have enough Centers and Marbury and Iverson together may not work

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:25 am
Hahaha Marbury and Iverson together...

Return to Trades