Aussie loss to Greece

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:12 am
TMC wrote:And Paul Rogers... I still remember his first game when he signed for Madrid, something like 17 points and 14 boards... while the rest of the season averaged 4 points and 2 boards... He definately sucks more than any other Aussie I've ever seen... I'm sure you're better off with a younger player in his place.

Paul Rogers started his career as a real good player and was actually the starting Center for the Boomers but he won the MVP in our national league, went to Spain I think it was and made alot of money and then just didn't give a shiit! That guy had such talent and then got comfy and never wanted to be good again! He should be shot

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:15 am
migya wrote:Paul Rogers started his career as a real good player and was actually the starting Center for the Boomers but he won the MVP in our national league, went to Spain I think it was and made alot of money and then just didn't give a shiit! That guy had such talent and then got comfy and never wanted to be good again! He should be shot

Yeah, he signed for Real Madrid coming from the Aussie league (if I'm not wrong), did a great preseason and then happened what I said. They were going to cut him mid season, but injuries forced them to keep him... later played for another lesser team here (Girona, playing a bit better, but nothing to be proud of) and I don't know anything else about him.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:04 pm
migya wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
breezer_79 wrote:You most certainly do. Should be interesting. We'll lose, but I don't think it will be embarrassing, atleast I hope not.

Everyone was calling it to be a 50 point loss but instead was 40. Ah, not much of a difference anyway. But Australia just don't have the men to body up against our guys. Goodjob US. Who's next? Oh wait, isn't it Dirk and the Germans? Uh oh, now who's going to stop him?

The Australian team needs more big bodies like Chris Anstey and Paul Rogers. Those guys were in the team some 6 years ago and that team was formidable.

Dirk is by himself and will have to fight through quadruple teams! Reckon he'll score 8 or 10pts.

Great to see the U.S. team kicking arse again. It was so strange to see them not be the best and be beaten more than once!

True but isn't Nowitzki one of the most unguardable players in the NBA. The US team doesn't have the players to guard him. But still, the US men have enough fire power and D to stop Germany.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:18 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
migya wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
breezer_79 wrote:You most certainly do. Should be interesting. We'll lose, but I don't think it will be embarrassing, atleast I hope not.

Everyone was calling it to be a 50 point loss but instead was 40. Ah, not much of a difference anyway. But Australia just don't have the men to body up against our guys. Goodjob US. Who's next? Oh wait, isn't it Dirk and the Germans? Uh oh, now who's going to stop him?

The Australian team needs more big bodies like Chris Anstey and Paul Rogers. Those guys were in the team some 6 years ago and that team was formidable.

Dirk is by himself and will have to fight through quadruple teams! Reckon he'll score 8 or 10pts.

Great to see the U.S. team kicking arse again. It was so strange to see them not be the best and be beaten more than once!

True but isn't Nowitzki one of the most unguardable players in the NBA. The US team doesn't have the players to guard him. But still, the US men have enough fire power and D to stop Germany.

Elton Brand and Chris Bosh might do a pretty good job against Dirk. When in doubt, go 5 on 1

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:36 pm
migya wrote:Elton Brand and Chris Bosh might do a pretty good job against Dirk. When in doubt, go 5 on 1

And you can do so against Germany pretty sure that no other player will make his shots.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:00 am
USA loses to Greece
101 to 95

Oh my, that is embarrassing.... :oops:

What can you say about this??

I guess it was half expected, I just never thought it would be to Greece...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:52 am
The way the U.S. has performed the last decade, this is just the usual! Absolutely awful that such a young star studded team could lose, let alone not blow every team out. Absolutely disgraceful.

Spain got by Argentina, just but gasol looks like he won't play in the final so they won't win

Previous

Return to Sports Board