Murphy for Mike Miller straight up

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:16 am
The Grizz are a playoff team but I'm baffled at how they still are because they have no good big except Gasol. Now with Warrick and Gay, they have to move either one of Eddie Jones or Mike Miller because neither one of those two should really play less than 25mins and that's what will likely happen as the Grizz move towards giving Gay and Warrick the court time so they develop.

A straight up trade of Murphy for Miller works. Murphy gives Gasol some help and Miller can be the starting SF for us
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:41 am
Great... for us. But they won't never make it. They want Warrick to play the 4, so no need to trade for Murphy, and the minutes won't be an issue this season, with Gay being a rookie, as he will come from the bench with Miller as the starter. As Eddie Jones contract is an expirer, they have no issue with minutes.

Finally, do you think that, with Mike Fratello as the head coach, they will trade for one of the worst defenders at his position of the whole NBA?. No-f*cking-way.

What all this trade talk teach us is that our players are not easy to trade. Their contracts are bad and they are flawed players that can help only in specific situations or spots... and they're paid like stars that should contribute in any situation. If we trade them, it will probably be for even worse players, which could help in the long term allowing us to sign other players, but we won't get better trading our scrubs. Everybody knows them by now.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:18 pm
Yeah, but Warrick seems like a 3 to me, but not having Murph means they're starting 1 rookie, which is risky. Putting in Murph reduces that, and they're front court would be this:

SF: Warrick
PF: Murphy
C: Gasol

Doesn't seem like a problem to me.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:09 pm
John Patrick wrote:Yeah, but Warrick seems like a 3 to me, but not having Murph means they're starting 1 rookie, which is risky. Putting in Murph reduces that, and they're front court would be this:

SF: Warrick
PF: Murphy
C: Gasol

Doesn't seem like a problem to me.



Warrick is one of those guys who can play asny position SG and PG being the others he wouldn't. C, PF, and SF seem fitting for him.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:24 pm
TMC wrote:Great... for us. But they won't never make it. They want Warrick to play the 4, so no need to trade for Murphy, and the minutes won't be an issue this season, with Gay being a rookie, as he will come from the bench with Miller as the starter. As Eddie Jones contract is an expirer, they have no issue with minutes.

Finally, do you think that, with Mike Fratello as the head coach, they will trade for one of the worst defenders at his position of the whole NBA?. No-f*cking-way.

What all this trade talk teach us is that our players are not easy to trade. Their contracts are bad and they are flawed players that can help only in specific situations or spots... and they're paid like stars that should contribute in any situation. If we trade them, it will probably be for even worse players, which could help in the long term allowing us to sign other players, but we won't get better trading our scrubs. Everybody knows them by now.



Murphy would help them in rebounding and he is not much worse of a defender than Mike Miller.

Our players are tradeable but with a good showing next season it would be easier to trade them. When a team does not win much, their players don't look as good at all
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:38 pm
John Patrick wrote:Yeah, but Warrick seems like a 3 to me, but not having Murph means they're starting 1 rookie, which is risky. Putting in Murph reduces that, and they're front court would be this:

SF: Warrick
PF: Murphy
C: Gasol

Doesn't seem like a problem to me.


From what I've heard, Swift and Tskalidis (like it or not, he had some good games last year) will play center, with Gasol at PF. Warrick will come from the bench.

The starting five will be this one:

Stoudamire (if healthy)
Eddie Jones
Mike Miller
Gasol
Swift
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:39 pm
migya wrote:Murphy would help them in rebounding and he is not much worse of a defender than Mike Miller.


That's my point. Fratello won't play both. That means no defense at two spots.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:47 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy would help them in rebounding and he is not much worse of a defender than Mike Miller.


That's my point. Fratello won't play both. That means no defense at two spots.



But your trading one for the other so the problem remains the same but with more rebounding for the Grizz, something that will be a weakness of their's with the lineup they now have
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:54 pm
Sh*t, I forgot that it was one for another... :oops:

Well, you can't expect much defense from the rookies, either... I still don't see them doing it. I think there's a better chance of making the Ricky Davis trade than this one, just due to the coach (well, and Minny's GM).

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest