J-rich for Iverson?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:21 pm
Iverson would awaken Warriors
Column by Dave Del Grande

T HE GOLDEN STATE Warriors have waited a dozen years to "deal from a position of strength." Turns out, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Not willing to break up what he considers to be a good thing unless there's a great thing being offered, Chris Mullin basically has done nothing this off-season. And when you're coming off consecutive 34-win seasons with your "good thing," it's no wonder the faithful are grumbling.

Fear not, people. It's not too late ... if Mullin has gotten an inspiration from watching Team USA in the World Championships.

It seems everybody in the world (except NBA coaches) knows how to attack American players — with speed at the point. And if it works for, say, Puerto Rico against American All-Stars, you'd think it might be a nice ploy for the Warriors to try against, say, the Clippers.

Mullin has two such weapons — Baron Davis and Monta Ellis. I suggest a third: Allen Iverson.

Yes, Mullin would have to offer Jason Richardson to get the 76ers' attention. But you know what? In today's game, Iverson is a much more valuable commodity.

It can't happen until Richardson proves his minor knee surgery was indeed minor. But then I'm shipping Richardson, Adonal Foyle and a swap of 2007 first-round picks (the 76ers would see this as a plus, but really it isn't) for the perennial All-Star.

With Davis attacking from one angle and Iverson from another, the Warriors would dice up every NBA defense and spend half the night at the foul line. Plus, it would get Troy Murphy, the team's best pure shooter, 10 open looks a night, which would produce big-time numbers.

Yeah, the Warriors then would need another pure shooter or two to produce an international-style offense of their own, but Casey Jacobsens and Eric Piatkowskis are a dime a dozen. Acquiring a marksman (especially with Mike Dunleavy to offer) would be a whole lot easier than importing Iverson.

I know what Mullin's thinking: Iverson and Kevin Garnett will be even more desperate to get out of bad situations next summer, so why not wait until the price comes down?

My response:

Advertisement
Click to learn more...

Warriors fans have waited 12 years; isn't that long enough?

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_4242816

i say NO. J-rich is our future
Warriors are BAAAALLLLIINN!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:07 am
This is the dumbest article I've read in a long time...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:27 am
Yep, pretty much.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:51 pm
No way in the world. I just read the topic name and who wrote it and I knew from there it was going to make no sense at all.

Return to Trades