Ricky Davis at SF

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:41 pm
McHale might like this trade. It's not so bad, and it's not so good. It's in between...I like it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:49 pm
I like it and that's good enough for me :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:09 am
zshook wrote:I love Ricky D but to say he is a better Defender than anyone on our roster besides Monta is streching it.

Then who's better?. Pietrus could be an option, but not after last season, and the rest of our players... do you really think that Dunleavy, Baron or J-Rich are better defenders than Ricky?

(btw, I'm not including big men in the comparison, as Ricky would play SF/SG)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:42 pm
I don't care, he's better defensively than Dun and that's all that matters. Who cares if he's better or not than JRich? Replacing Dun, he's an upgrade defensively, and an upgrade offensively.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:53 pm
John Patrick wrote:I don't care, he's better defensively than Dun and that's all that matters. Who cares if he's better or not than JRich? Replacing Dun, he's an upgrade defensively, and an upgrade offensively.

Yea, since the Warriors have a hard time doing the word defense physically, then we need scoring. And we're not going to do so well with most of our points most likely coming from Jrich and Baron while the rest come from our bench which is most likely Monta and Biedrins. Ricky can score, that's what we need. He's a better crunch time player than Dun for 4th quarters.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:12 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
John Patrick wrote:I don't care, he's better defensively than Dun and that's all that matters. Who cares if he's better or not than JRich? Replacing Dun, he's an upgrade defensively, and an upgrade offensively.

Yea, since the Warriors have a hard time doing the word defense physically, then we need scoring. And we're not going to do so well with most of our points most likely coming from Jrich and Baron while the rest come from our bench which is most likely Monta and Biedrins. Ricky can score, that's what we need. He's a better crunch time player than Dun for 4th quarters.

He's an improve and that is a start! McHale is the sort that might do this trade so it is not so far fetched. Improvement is the foundation of success and that is all that Mullin should be thinking about

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
migya wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:

He's an improve and that is a start! McHale is the sort that might do this trade so it is not so far fetched. Improvement is the foundation of success and that is all that Mullin should be thinking about

McHale can use Murphy to help KG out. KG would play center and Murphy would play PF. As for the other positions, I don't care. I'm not a Wolves fan anyway. But they could have James at PG and Foye at SG or iono.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:20 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
migya wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:

McHale can use Murphy to help KG out. KG would play center and Murphy would play PF. As for the other positions, I don't care. I'm not a Wolves fan anyway. But they could have James at PG and Foye at SG or iono.

KG might still be PF with Murphy playing Center and th two could switch now and then.

The TWolves are much better this season with the addition of Mike James and Foye. They have McCants who will only get better

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:40 pm
migya wrote:The TWolves are much better this season with the addition of Mike James and Foye. They have McCants who will only get better

I think McCants is done for the season with an injury... At least I've read that somewhere.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:37 pm
loved ricky davis since his cleveland years.

his pullup jumper is one of the finest.

defense is solid, especially when hes motviated.

like the idea. seems unlikely it will happen though
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:39 pm
kfresh wrote:loved ricky davis since his cleveland years.

his pullup jumper is one of the finest.

defense is solid, especially when hes motviated.

like the idea. seems unlikely it will happen though

Don't know if you don't ask!

Ricky Davis would fit in well with Nelson's style of run and gun. I'd definately give Pietrus, Murphy and even a future 1st roundr to get Ricky!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:33 am
migya wrote:Don't know if you don't ask!

Ricky Davis would fit in well with Nelson's style of run and gun. I'd definately give Pietrus, Murphy and even a future 1st roundr to get Ricky!

:shock: And not Dun?.

Who are you and what have you done to migya? :wink:

But I think that's too much. Take away the first rounder and I'd do it... Murph and Pietrus should be enough.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:36 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Don't know if you don't ask!

:shock: And not Dun?.

Who are you and what have you done to migya? :wink:

But I think that's too much. Take away the first rounder and I'd do it... Murph and Pietrus should be enough.

McHale wouldn't take two white guys, especially one being such a bust thus far :mrgreen:

I'd give a 1st rounder in two years or three because it gets the team a far better SF and allows diogu to play alot more - Two positives and subtraction of a getting softer big lug and always the bich loser :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:32 pm
Pietrus is white? That future 1st rounder seems pushing it though because one draft we could pick up a decent guy that's not from the lottery. Every year there's a player who falls out of the lottery, we could land a player like that and who knows, it could be one of the best of the positions.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:11 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Pietrus is white? That future 1st rounder seems pushing it though because one draft we could pick up a decent guy that's not from the lottery. Every year there's a player who falls out of the lottery, we could land a player like that and who knows, it could be one of the best of the positions.

dun and Murphy are the white guys that TMC was proposing in the trade with Pietrus. Looking at things with a "maybe we'll get a good player that is not a lottery pick" is just a waste of time and something that has cost this franchise dearly! If this trade happened and McHale got a great draft pick I'd congratulate the prik because we would have tried to get a player that would have made us much better!

PreviousNext

Return to Trades