Ricky Davis at SF

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:12 am
migya wrote:I remamber Bo Outlaw used to do alot of the little things for the Magic some 6 years ago

Without a hint of offensive game. I remember Bo when he played in Spain... he didn't play jack sh*t, then came to the NBA and became a decent role player. Same thing happened with Raja Bell... You never know what future has in store for you. Sometimes is more fitting in the right team than proper talent.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:17 am
I reckon effort and desire are 80% of the success! When a guy really wants to succeed he will

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:25 am
migya wrote:I reckon effort and desire are 80% of the success! When a guy really wants to succeed he will

It's not only that. I'd say 50%. It's also knowing how to play to one's strenghts... Not matter how much desire he has, if Biedrins wants to succeed and score 20 ppg, he will not make it. It takes a smart player to succeed.

On the other side, without that desire, you're gonna flop no matter how talented you are.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:51 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I reckon effort and desire are 80% of the success! When a guy really wants to succeed he will

It's not only that. I'd say 50%. It's also knowing how to play to one's strenghts... Not matter how much desire he has, if Biedrins wants to succeed and score 20 ppg, he will not make it. It takes a smart player to succeed.

On the other side, without that desire, you're gonna flop no matter how talented you are.

We don't need Biedrins to score 20 a game! He just has to have better fundamentals and block and rebound like a bit of a mad man and that'll make a huge difference

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:11 am
migya wrote:We don't need Biedrins to score 20 a game! He just has to have better fundamentals and block and rebound like a bit of a mad man and that'll make a huge difference

It was only an example. I know we don't need him to do so, but if he only wanted to do it, no matter how hard he tries, he's going to fail. That was my whole point.

I picked someone not suited to a job in a situation in which that was his whole objective. I wasn't talking about our current status as a team, just setting an example on what happens when your objectives are not attainable.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:30 am
migya wrote:but Griffin is young also and has more polished skills right now

Yeah, he got into a car accident because he was polishing his..... skills
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:38 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:but Griffin is young also and has more polished skills right now

Yeah, he got into a car accident because he was polishing his..... skills

We know he has good hand work :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:26 pm
i cant believe i'm wasting my f-ing time on this thread but you know what its so retarded that i have to. ricky davis is getting paid so much to be a loser its not even funny. what has he ever done but put up good #'s on a lousy ass team? get your head out of your azz and make some sense!! davis shoots more than baron davis , bricks just as much, yet he plays no defense whatsoever. put down the f-ing crackpipe and get f-ing serious! quit making stupid suggestions just to get some feedback!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:38 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i cant believe i'm wasting my f-ing time on this thread but you know what its so retarded that i have to. ricky davis is getting paid so much to be a loser its not even funny. what has he ever done but put up good #'s on a lousy ass team? get your head out of your azz and make some sense!! davis shoots more than baron davis , bricks just as much, yet he plays no defense whatsoever. put down the f-ing crackpipe and get f-ing serious! quit making stupid suggestions just to get some feedback!

::lol:

From that post, I'm sure you haven't seen a single game of Ricky Davis since his Cavs days.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:42 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i cant believe i'm wasting my f-ing time on this thread but you know what its so retarded that i have to. ricky davis is getting paid so much to be a loser its not even funny. what has he ever done but put up good #'s on a lousy ass team? get your head out of your azz and make some sense!! davis shoots more than baron davis , bricks just as much, yet he plays no defense whatsoever. put down the f-ing crackpipe and get f-ing serious! quit making stupid suggestions just to get some feedback!

Sounds like your the one looking for the feedback arsewipe. Ricky Davis is a very good player and better than any SF here now, much better!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:48 pm
you got to be kidding me. i would keep dunleavy over davis anyday. at least dunleavy undstands the game and can help other with his passing abilites, what does davis do? oh wait he's just as inconsistent, cant sniff duns ball handling for his size, nor his ft % nor his assists to t/o ratio, nor is intagables. sure over a season davis might average more points on a poor team but is scoring really the w's problem? especially from the perimeter? nah... and davis isnt even a good rebounder. so forget that noise. yall are getting desperate for a move.\
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:you got to be kidding me. i would keep dunleavy over davis anyday. at least dunleavy undstands the game and can help other with his passing abilites, what does davis do? oh wait he's just as inconsistent, cant sniff duns ball handling for his size, nor his ft % nor his assists to t/o ratio, nor is intagables. sure over a season davis might average more points on a poor team but is scoring really the w's problem? especially from the perimeter? nah... and davis isnt even a good rebounder. so forget that noise. yall are getting desperate for a move.\

Ricky Davis averaged 5.0 assists, decent and better than dunnyboy. He also averaged 4.5 rebounds, not great but decent enough at SF. Dun doesn't come close to RDavis's knees let alone his ability! Dun is a disgrace and shouldn't be compared to a proven talent like Ricky Davis, who is a second best on the team type player, as he is in the TWolves and was in the Celts

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:08 am
migya wrote:Ricky Davis averaged 5.0 assists, decent and better than dunnyboy. He also averaged 4.5 rebounds, not great but decent enough at SF.

Also, his % are better than Dunleavy's in every single category and, since his days in Boston, Davis has become a pretty good defender... Not great, but better than any player in our roster, with the only possible exception of Monta.

You were talking about the Cav's Ricky Davis (in which case, I agree), but he has matured and become a very good player.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:02 pm
I love Ricky D but to say he is a better Defender than anyone on our roster besides Monta is streching it. He would be a great addition at SF but would take shots away from JR and prettymuch anyone else. Its a tough call, but I wouldnt mind seeing hime ehere but I dont know if giving up Murph is worth it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:12 pm
zshook wrote:I love Ricky D but to say he is a better Defender than anyone on our roster besides Monta is streching it. He would be a great addition at SF but would take shots away from JR and prettymuch anyone else. Its a tough call, but I wouldnt mind seeing hime ehere but I dont know if giving up Murph is worth it.

Ofcourse giving up Murphy for him is worth it! We have Diogu, a better PF than Murphy, there is a logjam in the frontline and the SF spot is weak right now. It all shows that 100% yes vote on such a trade is the only thing.

It would be a great trade, possibly for both teams but again, Mullin has to propose this to McHale

PreviousNext

Return to Trades