Way to get Lamar Odom

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:11 pm
The Lakers aren't going anywhere with that team they have and if Odom is tradeable it would take a replacement SF with some upside, a rebounder would be desirable for them as well and a possible improvement at Center.

Warriors trade Murphy, Pietrus and O'bryant for Odom. This might actually work as Pietrus has shown flashes of being special and could be seen as a possible steal. Murphy rebounds more than Odom so they don't lose anything there and O'bryant could well be better than Mihm and Kwame. The Lakers could use some decent quantity as they don't have much past Kobe and Odom

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:36 pm
Odom would be nice but giving up too much and I seriously doubt LA would deal him to G'State :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:49 pm
You never if you don't ask and I don't think is giving up too much as we have Diogu, Taft and Biedrins to cover PF and Center and Odom would take the SF spot

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:13 am
I wouldn't have any problem sending those three packing for Odom. Talent wins games, not having more players than the rest of the teams.

With that said, I don't think the Lakers would trade Odom to it. They have a policy not to trade with divisional rivals, and I don't think they would be interested on those players.

The Chef is a worse prospect than Bynum, Murph can't defend and won't allow them to sign anything (due to the contracts they already have) and Pietrus... well, we shouldn't expect much interest after his worse season.

What I think is that we shouldn't go for that players that are at an all star (or near) level. We will never get those kind of players for ours. We should go for a lesser echelon, the Maggete's, Well's and Harrington's of the league.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:37 am
Wells would be possibly good but it's up to Mullin to make that call. There is probably no better fit right now than Wells

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:33 pm
Yeah, but Wells is risky, and if we have both him and Baron have attitude problems, we're in deep trouble.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:48 pm
Could be worth the try. At the ver least, having Wells for a couple of years would give a kick to the arse of other players

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:49 pm
Or the other players could agree with Wells and turn against the organization...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:58 pm
John Patrick wrote:Or the other players could agree with Wells and turn against the organization...

Just like some of the fans have and the rest really should

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:48 pm
Right now it's a disaster, the two really bad ones are Cohan and Monty...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:03 pm
John Patrick wrote:Right now it's a disaster, the two really bad ones are Cohan and Monty...

Mullin hasn't been a whole lot better

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:47 pm
Cory Magette is the solution to the problem at SF. He picks up in every category the Warriors lack in at the SF postion. He plays D, takes it to the rack, makes free-throws and is consistent. The only blemish on the man is the fact that he hasn't been 100% healthy throughout his career. This has been an issue for the Warriors every season for the past 10years, so that is nothing new Send baby Mike back to his Daddy w either Pietrus or Taft. If Daddy doesn't want lil' Dun send out Murphy. We need to free up those minutes for Ike and get a player than can slash to the rim, play-D and score, hence Magette. Make the move Mully! Imagine a backcourt of Baron and J-Rich and a forward lineup of Ike and Corey....thats SOLID! (I intentionally omitted the center position because I have absolutly nothing positive to say about that)
It may be premature and believe me, I am one of Chris Mullins biggest fans (both as a player and GM), but I like what Larry Riley is doing. At least so far....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:59 pm
Maggette could be real good but firstly, he could be more difficult to get than many think, though now that the Clips have Tim Thomas, it might be easier to get him and secondly, the injury issue is quite an issue and we can't exactly have a player that might only be around half the time, though, if Pietrus is to be properly evaluated, having Maggette half the time could be a great opportunity for Pietrus to show something.

I'm starting to seriously think of obtaining Maggette but the Clips don't need Murphy, uless they envision him as Center (unlikely since Kaman gave what they needed last season) and they would be stupid to want dun and a bench player (but they might just be that stupid)

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:21 pm
Zactly. That is the guy the Warriors should be targeting the remainder of the off-season. Corey would be a perfect fit. Dun and some change + a 2nd round pick. His daddy is one of the only few people in the L that still hold him in high-regard. Mully needs to do somethin here. Make some calls or somethin!
It may be premature and believe me, I am one of Chris Mullins biggest fans (both as a player and GM), but I like what Larry Riley is doing. At least so far....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:23 pm
colligreen wrote:Zactly. That is the guy the Warriors should be targeting the remainder of the off-season. Corey would be a perfect fit. Dun and some change + a 2nd round pick. His daddy is one of the only few people in the L that still hold him in high-regard. Mully needs to do somethin here. Make some calls or somethin!

But his daddy doesn't make the calls on the decisions and that is what makes trading dun for Maggette near impossible! Gotta add Pietrus, Murphy or a future 1st rounder

Next

Return to Trades