Now what happens with Granger

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:57 pm
Since the Pacers have got Harrington, I wonder what their lineup will be. Jermaine has already said he likes being PF and if he is the PF, Harrington has to go SF and SJackson (who may be traded still) is the SG who also plays some SF. Granger will not be able to start at SF and he certainly is no SG so it looks pretty stupid unless they move them all up a position and have Jermaine at Center, Harrington at PF and Granger at SF

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:31 pm
Good question, Mig. Like you, I’m thinking the answer is simple: the Pacers should really just hand him over to us.

Harrington is their SF. And they need a center badly. Okay, done! O’Bryant, Murphy, and Pietrus. Take 'em!

We’ll even throw-in two tickets for a dinner with Foyle. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:38 pm
Granger would be cool, but I read they are planning an o'nea;, harrington, granger front court -going small with speed
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:48 pm
Is this something very recent? I know JO is not really down playing center.

I'd even throw-in next year's #1, if we can pull that off.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:51 pm
CjR wrote:Good question, Mig. Like you, I’m thinking the answer is simple: the Pacers should really just hand him over to us.

Harrington is their SF. And they need a center badly. Okay, done! O’Bryant, Murphy, and Pietrus. Take 'em!

We’ll even throw-in two tickets for a dinner with Foyle. :mrgreen:

Good to see someone on my brainwave length :mrgreen:

Substitue Pietrus with dunnyboy and we have a great trade 8)

They can have dinner with Foyle every night as I would either hand him over instead of O'bryant or as well as him :)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:52 pm
coltraning wrote:Granger would be cool, but I read they are planning an o'nea;, harrington, granger front court -going small with speed

CJ is right in that Jermaine had said he would rather not be Center but that might have to be the way they go because that is by far the most talented lineup for them

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:56 pm
CjR wrote:Is this something very recent? I know JO is not really down playing center.

I'd even throw-in next year's #1, if we can pull that off.

Next draft's 1st rounder I don't know as the team might miss the playoffs and that coulkd turn into a better player than Granger

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:17 am
As stated, the Pacers are going to play JO at center and Al at PF. Granger will be their starting SF (at least, that's what they're saying).

They're trying to trade Stephen Jackson, tho. Maybe we could get our SF there. It's not that I like him much, but it would be an improvement over Turdleavy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:38 am
TMC wrote:As stated, the Pacers are going to play JO at center and Al at PF. Granger will be their starting SF (at least, that's what they're saying).

They're trying to trade Stephen Jackson, tho. Maybe we could get our SF there. It's not that I like him much, but it would be an improvement over Turdleavy.

That he definately would be but who could we trade to get him? Murphy for him can't be done and the Pacers won't have Murphy soming off the bench for the money he gets

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:14 am
migya wrote:That he definately would be but who could we trade to get him? Murphy for him can't be done and the Pacers won't have Murphy soming off the bench for the money he gets

Pietrus, maybe?. Fisher would have been the better option as Indy is looking for a pg, but we rushed to trade him to the Jazz for nothing...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:20 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:That he definately would be but who could we trade to get him? Murphy for him can't be done and the Pacers won't have Murphy soming off the bench for the money he gets

Pietrus, maybe?. Fisher would have been the better option as Indy is looking for a pg, but we rushed to trade him to the Jazz for nothing...

And right now the Pacer probably would do a straight up deal of fisher for SJackson but Mullin didn't see that one :roll: He is not looking so good of a GM now.

Pietrus for SJackson would be worthwhile right now actually. I'd even think about a Pietrus and Murphy for SJackson, Jeff foster and a future 1st rounder

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:25 am
migya wrote:Pietrus for SJackson would be worthwhile right now actually. I'd even think about a Pietrus and Murphy for SJackson, Jeff foster and a future 1st rounder

What first rounder?. Because they had to give one to Atlanta for Al Harrington, so I doubt they would lose another one just for those two... Even more when Murphy would play from the bench and Foster is an even better rebounder than Murph.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:30 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus for SJackson would be worthwhile right now actually. I'd even think about a Pietrus and Murphy for SJackson, Jeff foster and a future 1st rounder

What first rounder?. Because they had to give one to Atlanta for Al Harrington, so I doubt they would lose another one just for those two... Even more when Murphy would play from the bench and Foster is an even better rebounder than Murph.

A 1st rounder in two or three years. Murphy is a better player than Foster hands down! Murphy could play every other minute at PF and Center from the bench but highly unlikely the Pacers would go that route but anyway

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:34 am
migya wrote:Murphy is a better player than Foster hands down!

Well, he can score... other than that I don't find him so much better. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:00 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy is a better player than Foster hands down!

Well, he can score... other than that I don't find him so much better. :wink:

Bit of a Murphy pessimist :|

Next

Return to Trades