Harrington?
No votes
Maggette?
100%

Total votes : 10

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:17 pm
New deal on realgm.com is looking good. Much rather have Harrington than dunleavy, hence the username, but why dont we just trade the Clippers for Maggette straight up? Harrington is probably a better player than Maggette but i think Maggette fits our team needs alot more. A strong, defensive, take it to the bucket SF. Maggette rebounds better than Harrington too.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:21 pm
I'd rather have Maggette as well. Only problem is that he is very injury prone. But still.... Maggette all the way!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:21 pm
Since a lot of us on the board hates on Dunleavy, I think all of us would be excited to hear that there are revived talks of trading him away...does anyone know if this will really go down?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:22 pm
trading for maggette straight up would not work. there are probably draft picks involve that are not being reported as of yet.

if the trade is accepted as is, the clippers are getting robbed. giving up maggette and getting dunleavy. horrible move. thats why draft picks HAVE to be involved.

p.s. maggette > harrington
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:19 pm
Also... if Dunleavy gets traded away for Al or Corey or whoever, then that means Ike does not start and will not get many minutes over Murphy.

Would you rather have Dunleavy gone, Murphy stay, and Ike coming off the bench or Dunleavy stay, Murphy goes, and Ike starts?

That's a tough decision on my part, but I guess it depends on who we get for Dunleavy. I would answer this question if I knew for sure who we would get for Dunleavy.

What do you guys think?
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:I'd rather have Maggette as well. Only problem is that he is very injury prone. But still.... Maggette all the way!

And that injuryproneness is something that makes him unattractive! I don't want Maggette because he is no sure thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:19 pm
Everyone agrees that Maggette is the better choice, but they are both flawed options. Wells or Odom seems a lot better, for the right price.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:30 pm
Wells can be a star, as he showed some 6 years ago in the Blazers but that attitude can destroy it all

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:07 pm
John Patrick wrote:Everyone agrees that Maggette is the better choice, but they are both flawed options. Wells or Odom seems a lot better, for the right price.

Absolutely. Wells or Odom would be better choices to pursue!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:21 pm
Mags... and I'd rather have Mags than Wells. I just have a bad feeling about Wells if the team doesn't win from the get go.

Another issue is that Wells is an abysmal outside shooter. Not that Mags is a clone of Nowitzky, but he doesn't suck as much.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:46 pm
Bonzi shot the three really bad last year but career wise his three point percentage is higher then Corey Maggette. Well is also a better defender and his low post game would really complement Troy Murphy.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 pm
I thought about the losing part and him flaring up, but I’d like to think he has matured enough already. Plus, if we have Wells, winning will definitely not be an issue. Wells is actually not a bad mid range shooter, but unlike Mags, he’s durable :mrgreen:, a better inside player and rebounder and more physical. It's time we get someone with a little nastiness and spunk in their game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:00 am
keepgoing748 wrote:Bonzi shot the three really bad last year but career wise his three point percentage is higher then Corey Maggette. Well is also a better defender and his low post game would really complement Troy Murphy.

We're trying to get rid of Murphy, buddy.

And I don't think Wells can be labeled as "durable" after playing only 52 games last season. He hasn't played a full season since... well, never. Although compared with Mags he's superman.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:54 am
keepgoing748 wrote:Bonzi shot the three really bad last year but career wise his three point percentage is higher then Corey Maggette. Well is also a better defender and his low post game would really complement Troy Murphy.

Bonzi was a good outside shooter a few years ago and that should not just have disappeared. His defense alone makes him better than either Maggette or Harrington

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:37 am
I won't be too picky as long as they don't ask for a huge contract (which will probably happen, but if we can unload some of ours (again unlikely) that would be fine).
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball