Harrington's deal to Pacers off

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:07 pm
John Patrick wrote:I want Harrington on two unlikely conditions:

1) We don't give up more than Murphy. Murphy is a solid double-double player, I even say he is more valuable than Harrington, who only grabs 5/6 a game.

2) Here's the unlikely/impossible one, I want a contract under 8 million a year. Yeah, I know, not gonna happen. Then I say screw him, focus on Odom or Maggette.

except we have a much better option at PF already in Ike and we are absurdly weak at SF. I think Ike gets us at least the numbers and in an impactful way down low, that Murphy didnext year - if harrington is adding 16-17 a night starting at SF, that is a huge upgrade - Odom would be great at SF, but you really think the Lakers would want him, esp. for Murphy?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:20 pm
coltraning wrote:

1) We don't give up more than Murphy. Murphy is a solid double-double player, I even say he is more valuable than Harrington, who only grabs 5/6 a game.

2) Here's the unlikely/impossible one, I want a contract under 8 million a year. Yeah, I know, not gonna happen. Then I say screw him, focus on Odom or Maggette.

except we have a much better option at PF already in Ike and we are absurdly weak at SF. I think Ike gets us at least the numbers and in an impactful way down low, that Murphy didnext year - if harrington is adding 16-17 a night starting at SF, that is a huge upgrade - Odom would be great at SF, but you really think the Lakers would want him, esp. for Murphy?

But Harrington wouldn't give us 16-17 a night at SF. he's as bad a defender as dundun and can't score on quicker SFs
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:00 am
If Mullin could get rid of Murphy and dun for Harrington and either Childress or some scrubs, I'd do it, even if it meant signing Harrington to a Murphy like contract

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:07 am
11$ million per year is crazy. No matter if we get rid of some baggage....

I guess it would be better if the contract were front loaded, but that's not the case (usually) with NBA contracts.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:12 am
TMC wrote:11$ million per year is crazy. No matter if we get rid of some baggage....

I guess it would be better if the contract were front loaded, but that's not the case (usually) with NBA contracts.

If Murphy's and dun's contracts are gone........ it's definately more than worth it! Harrington could even be a decent fit here for a few years. The Hawks would never do it but if so, do it right away

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:46 am
migya wrote:If Murphy's and dun's contracts are gone........ it's definately more than worth it! Harrington could even be a decent fit here for a few years. The Hawks would never do it but if so, do it right away

No way Dun's traded this offseason... maybe next if we're lucky. Pietrus would be the one to go, or Biedrins, if the front office is sold on the Chef.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:10 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:If Murphy's and dun's contracts are gone........ it's definately more than worth it! Harrington could even be a decent fit here for a few years. The Hawks would never do it but if so, do it right away

No way Dun's traded this offseason... maybe next if we're lucky. Pietrus would be the one to go, or Biedrins, if the front office is sold on the Chef.

No point in having some 20 million dollars spent on SFs!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:42 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
coltraning wrote:

But Harrington wouldn't give us 16-17 a night at SF. he's as bad a defender as dundun and can't score on quicker SFs

what - you are nostradamus now? You know for a fact he wouldn't do that? All stats can do is tell you what he's done, not what he will do. There is a reason he is ranked as the best free agent this summer. He would clearly be an upgrade on offense, and as for defense, have you WATCHED him play? Stats can be manipulated to prove just about anything, and I, for one, have not seen the young man play. The fact that 1/2 a dozen teams are scrambling to sign him is an indicator of something. We never saw a mad scramble to sign Murphy or Foyle, except by Mullin.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:54 am
coltraning wrote:what - you are nostradamus now? You know for a fact he wouldn't do that? All stats can do is tell you what he's done, not what he will do. There is a reason he is ranked as the best free agent this summer.

The best free agent LEFT. Remember he didn't get any attention till the top tier free agents were already signed.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:27 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:what - you are nostradamus now? You know for a fact he wouldn't do that? All stats can do is tell you what he's done, not what he will do. There is a reason he is ranked as the best free agent this summer.

The best free agent LEFT. Remember he didn't get any attention till the top tier free agents were already signed.

yeah, being the third best free agent in a VERY WEAK free agent class isn't nothing to be proud about. And no I'm not nostradamus, but haven't we had enough projects pan out to realize that we need proven talent? He is a proven 12.5 ppg SF, about what MP or DunDun could give us. He's as much of a /\ on defense as dunleavy (scary thought). Also, his main means of scoring is driving on slower PFs and Cs while making PFs and Cs guard him 18 feet out. That won't work at SF. The guy is 27 and isn't gonna improve much more
ImageImage
Previous

Return to News Articles