What about getting back Jamison

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 pm
CjR wrote:Welcome back, TMC. As you can see, things are exactly where you left off last week. :mrgreen:

One good poster less, from what I've seen... but more or less the same. Hope someone fills #32's spot. Thanks for the welcome.

About the trade, to be honest, I don't think Antwan would be much of a problem. Maybe he wouldn't like to come back, but I'm sure he's a good pro and would do it. And maybe the second time is a charm. I think I was playing devil's advocate when I posted before...

But I still can't see how it helps the Wizards, other than the ex-warriors crush... and keep in mind they only sign the good ex-warriors. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:56 am
CjR wrote:Welcome back, TMC. As you can see, things are exactly where you left off last week. :mrgreen:

About the Gizzards, well, they just lost Jared Jeffries (insert a multiskilled MDJ), Etan Thomas is not the answer and not a scorer (insert a potentially solid center in POB), and Murphy can take Jamison’s PF spot. (Jamison has an edge in points per 48 minutes (25 v. 20), but Murph is a better rebounder per 48 (14 v. 11), and with better FT% (79% v. 73%). It's still may not be enough to entice a trade, but I would offer-up Pietrus, too. He’s not getting resigned anyway, and he’s young, athletic, has marketable skills, and with no contractual baggage. Plus the Wizards love ex-Warriors! That should be reason enough in itself!

As for Jamison wanting to play for the Warriors, Jamison is a pro’s pro, and he’ll play and give it his all if he’s traded. Fans love him in the Bay, he gets to play SF, so I think he’d want to come back and be a part of something he started and get this team into playoffs after 12 years of drought. With the pieces we have, I think he’d welcome the opportunity, to be honest.

Good points. O'bryant could be better than any Center the Wiz have and Murphy could fit in well. Dunleavy is the X factor as he has done nothing to be wanted and is actually something to stay away from. Offering Pietrus as well would probably make it somewhat of a steal for the Wiz.

Thing is that Jamison had probably his best season of his career last season and that would make him hard to get

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:02 pm
I propose we wait til Baron's contract expires then try for Arenas, probably not gonna happen though
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:03 pm
John Patrick wrote:I propose we wait til Baron's contract expires then try for Arenas, probably not gonna happen though

You think! :)

No way the Wiz trade Arenas, unless it's for Wade or Lebron

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:25 pm
migya wrote:
John Patrick wrote:I propose we wait til Baron's contract expires then try for Arenas, probably not gonna happen though

You think! :)

No way the Wiz trade Arenas, unless it's for Wade or Lebron

Arenas has an option next year, or the next one... and he'll probably take it. Doesn't mean he'll leave the Wizards... but it may happen.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:53 pm
John Patrick wrote:No, no more big contracts, wanna sign Diogu and Ellis when they're free agents.

You realize that we can resign them even if we're a billion dollars over the cap. called the larry bird clause
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:16 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
John Patrick wrote:No, no more big contracts, wanna sign Diogu and Ellis when they're free agents.

You realize that we can resign them even if we're a billion dollars over the cap. called the larry bird clause

If we're paying the luxury tax, Cohan may not resign them to save money. I think that's the fear we all have.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:29 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

If we're paying the luxury tax, Cohan may not resign them to save money. I think that's the fear we all have.

true, cohan's almost as stingy as the suns owner
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:14 pm
Sticking with Monty only because Cohan doesn't wanna shell out extra dollars proves that.
Previous

Return to Trades