Fave players all-time roster

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:19 pm
I just don't believe there have been many players that are the winners that Duncan is. He does what he ahs to and will most probably win another championship or two before he retires

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:01 pm
MJ is genuwine icon of our time. Duncan is like MJ. not by the skills or game. but MJ was the best SG of his time. Duncan is the best PF of his time. it's simple as that folks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:45 pm
Duncan doesn't have to get huge numbers anymore as he is enough of a player to make his teammates better and make them step up their game, A HUGE difference between him and Garnett

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:26 am
rsxracer wrote:true. this is sorta like iverson/kobe. KG is better in statistics than Tim while Tim has a better all-around game than KG. well, maybe its not like AI/Kobe. but still, KG puts up the numbers, jus not the game Duncan can bring.

I agree with this post. The stats are too close (a bit towards KG), but I think Duncan is a better leader. Of course, that can't be measured through stats, so it's hard to prove. It's just an opinion.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:54 pm
Starting Five

PG Tim Hardaway
SG Michael Jordan
SF Grant Hill
PF Chris Webber
C Hakeen Olajouwon

Bench

PG Gilbert Arenas
SG Ray Allen
SF Chris Mullin
PF Shawn Kemp
C David Robinson

Extra Two: Scottie Pippen, Dirk Nowitzki
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:43 am
PG: Oscar Robertson
SG: Rick Barry
SF: Scottie Pippen
PF: Dennis Rodman
C: Bill Russel

Bench

Isiah Thomas
Chris Mullin
Wilt Chamberlin
Jason Richardson
Charles Barkley
Shaquille O'Neal
LeBron James

COACH: Don Nelson
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:50 am
T Hardaway
Jordan
Mullin
Duncan
The Dream

Sprewell(pre choke)
Pippen
Rodman
Stockton
Shawn Bradley(what can i say,loved watchin him get dunked on)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:00 pm
Quazza wrote:Shawn Bradley(what can i say,loved watchin him get dunked on)

Shawn Bradley?. You gotta be kidding me... even when he got dunked on, he added nothing to the game of basketball.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:55 pm
Oh no no no no, I think Shawn Bradley added a whole other level of something to this game.....HUMILIATION. I also loved seeing him get dunked on.....just the look on his face every time....Priceless. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:00 pm
breezer_79 wrote:Oh no no no no, I think Shawn Bradley added a whole other level of something to this game.....HUMILIATION. I also loved seeing him get dunked on.....just the look on his face every time....Priceless. :mrgreen:

in a hint of sarcasm,yer that was my point....obviously lost on TMC
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:12 am
No, I didn't miss it, but I don't think he can be labeled as a favourite. Not when your greatest joy came from seeing him dunked on. Being a favourite implies that you liked something about his game, not his lack of it.

Maybe could be a favourite scrub... but there's another thread for those. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:04 am
fair call

i cant think of another centre where i really liked his game,so ill go with another forward

Xavier McDaniels(sonics days)

real keen to get his jersey while im over there
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:41 pm
TMC wrote:The stats are too close

the stats aren't close at all. KG has the edge in points, boards, assists, steals, blocks, FG%, FT%, 3p%, Turnovers, and Fouls. It's basically a wilt vs. russell argument. Do you want the guy who won rings (with an MVP and a couple of other allstars on his team) or the guy who played with a bunch of YMCA players but dominated the league thoroughly. If I'm starting a team, I'll pick KG every time because he can get you about 40 wins on his own. If duncan had sczerbiak as his best teammate how do you think he'd do?
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:54 pm
This is one of those cases where stats don't tell the story. Garnett and Duncan are about even but Duncan does what he has to to win. Garnett has had decent teams with Wally and Brandon alongside him, Hudson (had a great first season there) with Wally, Billups (also had a great season there) and Wally and has also had solid role players like LaPhonso Ellis. Duncan has had better teams but not a whole lot better. David Robinson was not much of a superstar after Duncan's first season and Duncan had to make do with players like Avery Johnoson and Jaren Jackson, who were solid at best. Parker and Ginobili have risen now but they are still not great stars

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:12 pm
migya wrote:This is one of those cases where stats don't tell the story. Garnett and Duncan are about even but Duncan does what he has to to win. Garnett has had decent teams with Wally and Brandon alongside him, Hudson (had a great first season there) with Wally, Billups (also had a great season there) and Wally and has also had solid role players like LaPhonso Ellis. Duncan has had better teams but not a whole lot better. David Robinson was not much of a superstar after Duncan's first season and Duncan had to make do with players like Avery Johnoson and Jaren Jackson, who were solid at best. Parker and Ginobili have risen now but they are still not great stars

Dude, you're putting guys like laphonso ellis and troy hudson at the same level as michael finley and bruce bowen. Look at the roster the spurs had this year.
G - Tony Parker/Nick the Quick
G - Manu Ginobili/Michael Finley
F - Bowen/Barry
F - Duncan/Horry
C - Mohamed/Nesterovic

Now how does that team not win a ring? I'll tell you how, because Dirk outplays TD. KG is dirk's cryptonite, he does similar things to dirk, but better. TD is not close to the leader KG is. Who gets the ball in the clutch? Not TD usually, it's bob, or even Manu. KG would have willed himself to win those clutch games because he has more desire and guts than anybody in this league save maybe AI and Kobe. He just has never had his backup five look like a starting five.
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board