Biedrins Starts
39%
Patrick O'Bryant Starts
11%

Total votes : 18

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:48 pm
I think most people would like to see Biedrins start (over Foyle) just to see what he can do now. However, the bigger question is who do you think Monty would start? Would he want to shake things up, knowing he may be on a short leash?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:13 pm
well monty has been diverse about that postion this past season. he's gone with foyle and diogu. to me, putting diogu there was stupid cuz he's an undersized PF. sure, he has a wing span of a 7 footer, but cmon now, he was only a rookie. an undersized rookie shouldnt focus on two different postions. though, monty was stupid for benching ike after the miami game. i guess he gave up on him after guarding shaq, oh is he faithful or what?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:05 am
In my opinion we need to trade away two of our centers and Murph for one good, starting center.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:55 am
John Patrick wrote:In my opinion we need to trade away two of our centers and Murph for one good, starting center.

Like who? That is far easier said than done and there are not too many good Centers today

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:47 am
migya wrote:
John Patrick wrote:In my opinion we need to trade away two of our centers and Murph for one good, starting center.

Like who? That is far easier said than done and there are not too many good Centers today

Agreed, and I see our deficiencies at SF as being far more glaring. A team named the Bulls did decently in the 90s with mediocre centers...Biedrins and POB may well give us decent production at center so that takes Foyle off the table as a liability, but we are still currently left with dung, arguably the worst starting SF in the league...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:56 am
Yeah, but the Bulls had Jordan, Pippen, and a low post threat (Rodman), and well shooting supporting role players (Kerr, Harper, Kukoc).

I do agree that our deficiency at SF is great, but if we see an opening for a good starting center, we should take it.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:36 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:It's not about who starts but rather finishes!!!

If Adonal comes in and does his dirtywork down low, The Reason Adonal is starting is because you got to anticipate the distributions of fouls. Biedrins and Pat'OB will be thrown in the deepend and pickup real early.

Biedrins and Pat'OB should continue to get better and when they do, when they finish there growth spirts they will be contributing better towards the team.

Pawno brings up something I remember from Montys days at stanford. They beat TDs Wake forest team in the NCAA tourney by having 3 centers frustrate him. Two of which were the collins brothers. They would foul out and were consistently overmatched by TD, but they kept him from getting going and did just enough to eek out a win that round. That was the year they made it to the Final Four i think.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:46 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

Agreed, and I see our deficiencies at SF as being far more glaring. A team named the Bulls did decently in the 90s with mediocre centers...Biedrins and POB may well give us decent production at center so that takes Foyle off the table as a liability, but we are still currently left with dung, arguably the worst starting SF in the league...

yea, i mean the best center who's young and worth it is a college man who hasnt played a single college game yet. greg oden. but the only way to get him is to get the first pick or at least top 2-3. C and SF should be the main priorities of this team cuz this is what the warriors truely lack the most.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:47 pm
well if we dont get greg oden then i sure hope we get kevin durant. a better upgrade over dunleavy. but hey, why am i talking about draft night 2007 already? the season hasnt started up yet, but then again, everyone is sayin we have no chance at the most gettin 4th place with the competition above us. (LAL, LAC, SAC, PHO)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:33 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

The Warriors have to have a standard in terms of improvement for their players. If there are good trainers and coaching staff, such as Buck williams who has been hired, then players like Biedrins should improve dramatically season to season. I would give him an, and the rest, a standard that they have to meet or they are tradeable or not going to be resigned. Players need to get a kick in the arse sometimes because players that have shown potential but have not really improved need to train with the right people and improvement is a given.

O'bryant and Biedrins have potential but they need to show improvement every season to a substantial level. Biedrins should be able to average 11pts, 8rbs and 2blks as a starter this season or next season at worst. Same for O'bryant if he starts

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:32 am
migya wrote:O'bryant and Biedrins have potential but they need to show improvement every season to a substantial level. Biedrins should be able to average 11pts, 8rbs and 2blks as a starter this season or next season at worst. Same for O'bryant if he starts

I'd be ecstatic with those numbers... but I'm with coltraining. We'd be better off going for a decent SF. We have enough to get by at other positions.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:11 am
Foyle will start this up and coming season.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:21 am
Josh Jamison wrote:Foyle will start this up and coming season.

If that happens, I guess we'll draft another center next year. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:02 am
TMC wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Foyle will start this up and coming season.

If that happens, I guess we'll draft another center next year. :wink:

Hopefully that's accompanied by a top 3-5 pick.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:30 am
Foyle will likely start and the Warriors will likely get 9th to 14th pick and get nothing special again

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball