Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:53 pm
From NBA.Com
We question, they answer
TAKE FIVE

Welcome to TAKE FIVE, where we take five quick questions and NBA players and legends turn them into compelling answers.
A five-time All-Star, Tim Hardaway is credited with having, perhaps, the best crossover in NBA history. His “killer crossover”, which he patented in college when it was deemed the “UTEP two-step”, has been often imitated but never duplicated. Hardaway averaged 17.7 points and 8.2 assists for his career, most notably with the Warriors and Heat. He scored 38 points in Miami's Game 7 win in the 1997 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Knicks. Hardaway became the second-fastest player to reach 5,000 points/2,500 assists (262 games) behind Oscar Robertson.

Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE/Getty Images
Q: While you spent some great years in Golden State, would you consider Miami to be your NBA home?
Hardaway: If I had to pick one, my NBA home would be Miami because I love the weather. I love the atmosphere down here – everything down here is nice.

Q: Do you have a specific playoff moment, either with a team or as an individual that you can look back on and say “That was my greatest playoff moment”?
Hardaway: When we beat the Knicks in seven games here in Miami and we went to the Eastern Conference Finals. In the Eastern Conference Finals, we lost against the Bulls, but beating the Knicks down here, that is one of my greatest and finest moments that I think about.

Q: Does anybody have a “killer crossover” in the league today that rivals yours?
Hardaway: No. No one. (Laughs) Everybody else carries or does something else. Nobody else really, really has my crossover where I come down and cross somebody over and deke somebody – nobody has that.

Q: What player in the NBA today most reminds you of yourself?
Hardaway: Baron Davis. Baron Davis reminds me of myself because he always wants the ball in crucial stages of the game and he always gives his team a chance to win every night.

Q: Who is your favorite player to watch in today’s game?
Hardaway: Oh man, there are a few guys who are my favorites to watch. Dwyane Wade is one. Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Allen Iverson, Tim Duncan, Dirk, Steve Nash – there are a whole bunch of guys I love to watch just play because they go out and play with great confidence and they just really understand the game.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:08 pm
He is a legend for the Warriors! The way he left I think upset him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:15 am
It's funny in a way. Baron is the closest player to him, but he's not on his favorites list. ::lol:

Return to News Articles