Knicks At It Again

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:33 pm
migya wrote:Is Frye going to be anything great though? He seems alright but not a powerhouse Center.


I agree with Disease. Just add that Frye is still a bit skinny. Think Gasol when he came to the league. He needs to bulk up a bit to play center agains the bigger guys.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:55 pm
Frye for either Pietrus or Dunleavy would be a dream in itself...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:30 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Is Frye going to be anything great though? He seems alright but not a powerhouse Center.

Now granted I didn't watch a single knicks game last year (who would? :mrgreen: ) but Frye basically seems like what diogu would be if he were 6'11 and got more PT. And frye has a better 3p% than dunleavy :mrgreen:



Read that he was more of an outside shooter than anything else and his rebounding was not great
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:31 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Is Frye going to be anything great though? He seems alright but not a powerhouse Center.


I agree with Disease. Just add that Frye is still a bit skinny. Think Gasol when he came to the league. He needs to bulk up a bit to play center agains the bigger guys.




Gasol is still skinny!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:42 pm
migya wrote:Gasol is still skinny!


But not as he was as a rookie. He's a mountain compared with his rookie sesason.

Just check the difference:

Rookie Season

Image


Now

Image

Frye will have to go the same route. And I'm sure he'll do in the next couple of years.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:48 pm
Ehhhh... I see a swashbuckling beard (meant more for intimidation than style) and a tad bit more definition (which SHOULD happen, on an NBA schedule). But Gasol doesn't appear to have gotten much bigger since his rookie season.

Look at his forearms (which you use in the post a lot). They're pretty much identical.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:02 am
I don't know. I think that definition means a lot. Even Memphis' trainers awknoledge he's completely different, physically, from the player he was.

If you remember, he was pushed a lot on defense during his rookie season. That ain't happening anymore (except with Shaq and a couple of other monsters).

He may not be bigger as ... say, Sam Adams is big, but he's definately more defined and that was my point. I probably expressed poorly that point.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:07 am
Well, he's definately more defined. But he didn't get bigger.

Troy Murphy got 25 pounds bigger, from his rookie year, and went from 10.5 boards every 48 minutes to 15.4 his sophomore season. That's how you get bigger.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:09 am
#32 wrote:Well, he's definately more defined. But he didn't get bigger.

Troy Murphy got 25 pounds bigger, from his rookie year, and went from 10.5 boards every 48 minutes to 15.4 his sophomore season. That's how you get bigger.


And look what it did for him... he got bigger to play outside. :wink:

I think Frye will have to develop physically in the same way Gasol did. He won't become Shaq, but he doesn't need to.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:09 am
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Is Frye going to be anything great though? He seems alright but not a powerhouse Center.

Now granted I didn't watch a single knicks game last year (who would? :mrgreen: ) but Frye basically seems like what diogu would be if he were 6'11 and got more PT. And frye has a better 3p% than dunleavy :mrgreen:



Read that he was more of an outside shooter than anything else and his rebounding was not great

more of an outside shooter than anything else?? He took 9 threes the whole season
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:28 am
#32 wrote:Ehhhh... I see a swashbuckling beard (meant more for intimidation than style) and a tad bit more definition (which SHOULD happen, on an NBA schedule). But Gasol doesn't appear to have gotten much bigger since his rookie season.

Look at his forearms (which you use in the post a lot). They're pretty much identical.



Have to agree, Gasol is slightly bigger but nothing that would make much difference in the nba.

Oh and that beard looks disgraceful!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:29 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Is Frye going to be anything great though? He seems alright but not a powerhouse Center.

Now granted I didn't watch a single knicks game last year (who would? :mrgreen: ) but Frye basically seems like what diogu would be if he were 6'11 and got more PT. And frye has a better 3p% than dunleavy :mrgreen:



Read that he was more of an outside shooter than anything else and his rebounding was not great

more of an outside shooter than anything else?? He took 9 threes the whole season



Read that he was more of a jumpshooter, about 15 - 18ft out. Is he a banger type?
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:53 am
migya wrote:
Read that he was more of a jumpshooter, about 15 - 18ft out. Is he a banger type?


At least more than a shooter. :wink:

When I did the Gasol comparison is because he reminds me the rookie season of Pau. That same kind of player. I'm not saying that he's going to be as good... but I wouldn't be surprised if he were.

On a side note, Gasol also was a decent three point shooter in Europe, but he was forced to stop shooting from outside on the NBA. Memphis' staff told him that the team needed him inside, and he developed his game inside... Look at Murphy now. Sometimes the coaching staff is more important than it seems.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:14 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
Read that he was more of a jumpshooter, about 15 - 18ft out. Is he a banger type?


At least more than a shooter. :wink:

When I did the Gasol comparison is because he reminds me the rookie season of Pau. That same kind of player. I'm not saying that he's going to be as good... but I wouldn't be surprised if he were.

On a side note, Gasol also was a decent three point shooter in Europe, but he was forced to stop shooting from outside on the NBA. Memphis' staff told him that the team needed him inside, and he developed his game inside... Look at Murphy now. Sometimes the coaching staff is more important than it seems.



Coaching staff basically run the show so they are upmost important!

As we see with our Warriors :roll:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:29 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Well, he's definately more defined. But he didn't get bigger.

Troy Murphy got 25 pounds bigger, from his rookie year, and went from 10.5 boards every 48 minutes to 15.4 his sophomore season. That's how you get bigger.


And look what it did for him... he got bigger to play outside. :wink:

Yeah. He had his head in the right place, as far as getting bigger... but what he did with it made no sense.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron