39%
Patrick O'Bryant Starts
11%

Total votes : 18

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:52 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
tallboy12321 wrote:yea i think so 2 im really up on biedrins i think him ellis and diagu will be great

biedrins will be great? I think best case scenario for Andris is like 10 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 bpg. the cat is better than foyle, but he's not "great"

that is GREAT best legit thing we would have in a long time and dont give me dampier crap cuz he got his stats bloated cuz muph wasnt there

so i meant great not as in HOF but great as in HOF for warriors :mrgreen:
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:55 pm
#32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
tallboy12321 wrote:yea i think so 2 im really up on biedrins i think him ellis and diagu will be great

biedrins will be great? I think best case scenario for Andris is like 10 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 bpg. the cat is better than foyle, but he's not "great"

Then let's go by best-case scenarios...

FOYLE: 6 PPG, 8 RPG, 2 BPG
BIEDRINS: 10 PPG, 7 RPG, 2 BPG
PO'B: 13 PPG, 9 RPB, 2 BPG

I'd rather take the rook'...

I think the season starts off with biedrins starting, but if POB is everything 32 says he is, he will supplant him pretty quick. Foyle has no business starting...zero, none. I have always differed with uptempo as to his motivation and effort, which I think are plentiful, but we do not disagree that the play of adonal is woeful
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:00 pm
#32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Then let's go by best-case scenarios...

FOYLE: 6 PPG, 8 RPG, 2 BPG
BIEDRINS: 10 PPG, 7 RPG, 2 BPG
PO'B: 13 PPG, 9 RPB, 2 BPG

I'd rather take the rook'...

I seem to remember that POB averaged 13 ppg and 8 rpg in BRADLEY. I'm not sure if a guy averaged 25 and 15 for bradley I'd think they'd get 13 and 9
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:29 pm
Big men are different. College isn't always an NBA-like situation for them (like it is for most forwards and some guards). Look at Adonal Foyle's college numbers. He was a savage at Colgate. Same with Ben Wallace (as a sophomore) at Cuyahoga Community College. He averaged 24 points a game and 17 boards.

Now look at a guy like PJ Brown (who played at Louisiana Tech which, in '91, was in a very similar division to what Bradley is today... legit action for big men, not a cake walk like most divisions in college). As a senior, he averaged 12 and 9. In the NBA, he averages (pretty much every year) 12 and 9.

Division counts a lot, when it comes to big men. That's why college numbers can be so deceiving.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:36 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

With the current lineup, if Diogu starts, that is exactly what is needed!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:38 pm
CjR wrote:Foyle moves like he’s riding an elephant on the court.

:mrgreen:

What does his wife look like........... :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:39 pm
#32 wrote:Big men are different. College isn't always an NBA-like situation for them (like it is for most forwards and some guards). Look at Adonal Foyle's college numbers. He was a savage at Colgate. Same with Ben Wallace (as a sophomore) at Cuyahoga Community College. He averaged 24 points a game and 17 boards.

Now look at a guy like PJ Brown (who played at Louisiana Tech which, in '91, was in a very similar division to what Bradley is today... legit action for big men, not a cake walk like most divisions in college). As a senior, he averaged 12 and 9. In the NBA, he averages (pretty much every year) 12 and 9.

Division counts a lot, when it comes to big men. That's why college numbers can be so deceiving.

yeah, and O'bryant played in a craptastic division
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:46 pm
Say what you want; everyone acknowledged that the big men allowed for legit, NBA-like competition. O'Bryant came from the division you wanted a big man to play in this year. Doesn't mean the teams were loaded with talent; it just means his scouting report is more accurate than you're giving credit for.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:01 am
Just hope O'bryant won't be a bust and will be a solid contibutor who actually cares and gives effort. Those things go a long way. Biedrins has got by on effort so far, it is time for him to add some skills

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:22 am
#32 wrote:Say what you want; everyone acknowledged that the big men allowed for legit, NBA-like competition. O'Bryant came from the division you wanted a big man to play in this year. Doesn't mean the teams were loaded with talent; it just means his scouting report is more accurate than you're giving credit for.

Oh yes, the Esteemed Missouri Valley Conference, where one team averaged more blocks per game than Shelden Williams Alone and where Cedric Simmon averaged as many or more blocks than four entire teams. That's a powerhouse NBA level conference. Did ANY players besides POB get drafted from that conference?
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:35 am
You're not hearing me: NUMBERS (in college) are decieving. It's all a matter of who you're playing against. Big boys played in that conference. That means a lot, as far as NBA transition.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:40 am
#32 wrote:You're not hearing me: NUMBERS (in college) are decieving. It's all a matter of who you're playing against. Big boys played in that conference. That means a lot, as far as NBA transition.

lousy big boys played in that conference. The ACC had Hansborough, Simmons, Shelden, etc. Real NBA level big men. The MVC didn't have lottery picks for POB to guard. The MVC didn't have the National DPOY for him to be guarded by.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:50 am
This argument will go nowhere.

We'll see what happens next year. O'Bryant's a project, so don't expect consistency from him... but I'm sure he'll flash a few double-doubles during the season (playing time permitting).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:33 am
Start Biedrins and see if he really can develop into something special BEFORE we give him another Foyle like contract......Thats Mullins biggest problem giving HUGE insane Mac Dre stupid contracts to Foyle and Dunleavy BEFORE they ever proved anything.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:47 pm
o'bryant will have too much competition to get that center role. he's more than likely to back up biedrins while andris backs up foyle at the same time so o'bryant will not flash as much as we'd want unless some injury happens to andris or adonal. but yea, i agree, start biedrins, lets see what he has.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball