Biedrins
69%
O'Bryant
31%

Total votes : 13

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:47 am
#32 wrote:18-year old kids suck up experience like a sponge. Hell, most of the time you can see flashes during their first season (Monta, Gerald Green, Kobe, ect). But Biedrins (in 2 seasons) has jogged in place. He hasn't improved at all.

Those are 18-year old american kids that are in their own culture and don't need to adapt to it, and to other style of bball, completely different from the one they've been playing. Biedrins (and other players in his situation) will take a bit more time to develop.

Of course, I can be wrong and he may end up sucking badly, but I think he's going (more or less) according to the schedule.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:03 am
Bedrins showed me signs of improvement posting up in the 2 games he played in Vegas and he was very active defensively, diving for loose balls and playing real physical :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:44 pm
TMC wrote:Those are 18-year old american kids that are in their own culture and don't need to adapt to it, and to other style of bball, completely different from the one they've been playing. Biedrins (and other players in his situation) will take a bit more time to develop.

Of course, I can be wrong and he may end up sucking badly, but I think he's going (more or less) according to the schedule.

It didn't take Dirk, Nash, Parker, Yao, or Ginobli three years to develop...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:28 pm
Those players don't come from eastern europe. They have a lot more things in common with american culture. It's not the same "shock".

This doesn't apply to Yao, but Yao was the #1 overall pick and a one-of-a-kind talent.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:29 pm
If we allow Andris Biedrins a five-year span to "develop", we'll ultimately end up with another Adonal Foyle on our hands. He doesn't deserve a huge contract... and if he wants one, we should let him walk.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:28 pm
#32 wrote:If we allow Andris Biedrins a five-year span to "develop", we'll ultimately end up with another Adonal Foyle on our hands. He doesn't deserve a huge contract... and if he wants one, we should let him walk.

watching him in interviews he seems pretty humble i dont think he's gonna try to rip off the Warriors he seems pretty grateful for the opportunity to play
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:52 pm
Biedrins shouldn't be offered a huge contract. Anything more than 4 million a year for 5 years is too much for him, unless he gets better real quick

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:10 pm
I agree.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:31 pm
tallboy12321 wrote:watching him in interviews he seems pretty humble i dont think he's gonna try to rip off the Warriors he seems pretty grateful for the opportunity to play

I'm not worried about him; I'm worried about his blood-sucking agent. Those people are money-grubbing, souless bastards. The only thing their concerned about is getting their clients as much cash as possible. Biedrins could be Andy Griffith, for all I know, but his agent is another story. They're leeches, they're vampires, and they have no mercy.

I hate them almost as much as I hate Giggles and Barnett...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:45 am
#32 wrote:
tallboy12321 wrote:watching him in interviews he seems pretty humble i dont think he's gonna try to rip off the Warriors he seems pretty grateful for the opportunity to play

I'm not worried about him; I'm worried about his blood-sucking agent. Those people are money-grubbing, souless bastards. The only thing their concerned about is getting their clients as much cash as possible.

That's because they get 5% and the more the better. Imagine if you were an agent - If you could get a contract for your player of 10 million a season, you get 500,000 dollars a year! That is great money

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:29 am
#32 wrote:If we allow Andris Biedrins a five-year span to "develop", we'll ultimately end up with another Adonal Foyle on our hands. He doesn't deserve a huge contract... and if he wants one, we should let him walk.

I never said that he deserves a big contract, just that he's developing the way I expected. I think he still has two years on his contract (the second one a team option), so we shouldn't worry til next offseason.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:18 pm
I'm not worried... I just want him off the books if Adonal's massive contract is still here. If Adonal's contract expires (I'm not sure when it does, to be honest) before Biedrins does, than we'll talk about giving him backup-level money.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:36 pm
Adonal's contract is guaranteed til the 2008/09 season, with a team option (at a whopping $10.5 million, in case he becomes an all star suddenly) for the 2009/2010 season.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:43 pm
TMC wrote:Adonal's contract is guaranteed til the 2008/09 season, with a team option (at a whopping $10.5 million, in case he becomes an all star suddenly) for the 2009/2010 season.

I think that is slated to happen about the same time as they find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:49 pm
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:Adonal's contract is guaranteed til the 2008/09 season, with a team option (at a whopping $10.5 million, in case he becomes an all star suddenly) for the 2009/2010 season.

I think that is slated to happen about the same time as they find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq

::lol:
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball