Biedrins
69%
O'Bryant
31%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:07 am
In the 2 games I saw in Vegas Bedrins was more scrappy and active than 'O' with a higher intensity level, but 'O' is more polished (face up J, sky hook, Ft's).. I noticed Bedrins has improved in the post though and was very aggressive :D A funny moment was seeing 'O' on the bench with Bedrins, mocking and laughing at Bedrins ft shooting hitch after seeing it for the first time :-o
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:24 am
coltraning wrote:can't intelligently comment - haven't seen POB in a game that matters

And you probably won't in the upcoming season. I think he ain't going to play much...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:01 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

Reckon Foyle will still start and get the majority of the minutes!

shoot me now if that happens. An all politics team is Nash, Foyle, Howard, Morrison and Etan Thomas, but other than Nash and Morrison, the team would be better debating than playing

but nash would make foyle average 21 ppg, ask 32....

Foyle's not athletic and doesn't have a hint of skill. Nash brings out potential, of which Foyle has none.

You seem to think that's not the case, but look at Diaw, Barbosa, Tim Thomas, Raja Bell, Q-Rich, and everyone else Nash has upped stat's for. The guy's MVP for a reason... and it's not because he barely averages 15 PPG. Believe it or not, some players actually have qualities you won't find in a box score, disease.

rsxracer wrote:i'd take biedrins. he's experienced the nba game already. but here's an update from the nba website for you POB supporters...he averaged 9.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, and 1.4 bpg. also he did something very ike like. foul trouble.

Dunleavy tore up the Summer League last year. How'd that work out during the regular season...?

Summer League games mean something between "nothing" and "dick" to me...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:56 am
#32 wrote:You seem to think that's not the case, but look at Diaw, Barbosa, Tim Thomas, Raja Bell, Q-Rich, and everyone else Nash has upped stat's for. The guy's MVP for a reason... and it's not because he barely averages 15 PPG. Believe it or not, some players actually have qualities you won't find in a box score, disease.

It's funny. Quentin Richardson's numbers actually got worse while playing with Nash. I think it's the only case... but curious nonetheless.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:08 pm
Only because he averaged less shots per game in Phoenix (13, compared to the 16 he got in LA). His percentages stayed exactly the same.

Also, the shots he got in Phoenix were more perimeter jumpers than anything (due to the fact that Amare and Marion owned the key). Richardson increased his 3-point attempts, per night, from 5 shots a night to 8... and his % actually took a slight (0.06%) upward turn.

Even though Q-Rich attempted more challenging shots per game, he was still able to hit them just as well because Nash left him wide open on the outside. His PPG average decreased (because the Suns had a lot of weapons that year; Amare, JJohnson, Marion, Q-Rich, Nash), but he hit the same percentage from beyond the arc while taking more shots. That's a tribute to Nash's game.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:01 am
rsxracer wrote:i'd take biedrins. he's experienced the nba game already. but here's an update from the nba website for you POB supporters...he averaged 9.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, and 1.4 bpg. also he did something very ike like. foul trouble.

Dunleavy tore up the Summer League last year. How'd that work out during the regular season...?

Summer League games mean something between "nothing" and "dick" to me...[/quote]

all i can say is how does this relate to dunleavy? i was jus givin everyone an update on how POB did at the summer league. nothing big, sheesh...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:37 am
rsxracer wrote:all i can say is how does this relate to dunleavy? i was jus givin everyone an update on how POB did at the summer league. nothing big, sheesh...

I wasn't trying to insult you; I was just making a point that Summer League games don't matter. Dunleavy tore up the Vegas League... and sucked in the real NBA. O'Bryant under-performed in Summer League... but that doesn't mean he can't suprise us in the NBA.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:02 pm
well if what you say is true. then the fact that my pick for ROTY brandon roy, who tore up the summer league, jus may be in fact a horrible player like MDJ. well that sucks...hey, anythings possible. but i doubt it.

anyway, i have a question about biedrins. with the way things are shaping up and the progress being made with andris, are people willing to wait for him to become that star quality center many are hoping for? i mean, how many years without playoffs are we on? 11? 12? to me, i really see POB being better than biedrins. i dont know why, i jus trust american players to develop faster than the boys over seas.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:49 pm
rsxracer wrote:anyway, i have a question about biedrins. with the way things are shaping up and the progress being made with andris, are people willing to wait for him to become that star quality center many are hoping for? i mean, how many years without playoffs are we on? 11? 12? to me, i really see POB being better than biedrins. i dont know why, i jus trust american players to develop faster than the boys over seas.

I agree; O'Bryant seems like he'll eventually outgrow Biedrins.

I, for one, am tired of waiting on Biedrins to blow up. I think he's near his peak. He's backup-worthy, no doubt... but the last thing Golden State should do is resign him for starter-money. Let him walk, if he demands it. The kid is worth a resign if he takes backup cash... but, if not, he won't turn into anything special. People can claim whatever they want about his age; he's not improving!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:19 am
His young age is what offers hope that he will get much better. Biedrins should be kept and developed the right way, hopefully by Buck Williams or someone with ability to train big men

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:13 am
#32 wrote:I, for one, am tired of waiting on Biedrins to blow up. I think he's near his peak. He's backup-worthy, no doubt... but the last thing Golden State should do is resign him for starter-money. Let him walk, if he demands it. The kid is worth a resign if he takes backup cash... but, if not, he won't turn into anything special. People can claim whatever they want about his age; he's not improving!

What did you expect from a guy with almost no experience and with only 18 years old when he came to the league?. He's evolving exactly the way I expected. In fact, I don't think he'll be ready to play a major role til the 2007-2008 season. Then he'll have to show something (and that happens to be the last year of his contract), but this one I expect him to get a few more minutes and get experience.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:43 pm
TMC wrote:What did you expect from a guy with almost no experience and with only 18 years old when he came to the league?. He's evolving exactly the way I expected. In fact, I don't think he'll be ready to play a major role til the 2007-2008 season. Then he'll have to show something (and that happens to be the last year of his contract), but this one I expect him to get a few more minutes and get experience.

18-year old kids suck up experience like a sponge. Hell, most of the time you can see flashes during their first season (Monta, Gerald Green, Kobe, ect). But Biedrins (in 2 seasons) has jogged in place. He hasn't improved at all.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Yeah but he's a scrappy defender and rebounder! That's why he fouls so much though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:28 pm
The effort that Biedrins gives alone is enough to keep him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:25 pm
migya wrote:The effort that Biedrins gives alone is enough to keep him

As a backup...
PreviousNext