The Perfect Deal Is Out There

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

» Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:01 pm
Rudy Gay is a small forward. And I doubt the Grizzley's are ready to throw all their eggs in Hakim Warrick's basket. He needs one more year to prove himself.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:00 am
Both Warrick and Gay have height and could play some PF. Swift might really be getting next to no court time in the Grizz

» Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:28 am
:| Swift is more likely to start than either Warrick OR Gay.

Not saying he's a better long-term bet than either of them, but it's the truth, as far as next season.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:56 pm
Yeah. I think they want to play Gay as soon as he's ready, and Warrick will see minutes at both SF and PF, but I don't think they'll be starters next season. At least, not until they show during the season that they deserve so.

» Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:03 pm
Both are still running hot on potential... and, when you're a near-playoff team like Memphis, you aren't willing to throw proven NBA vet's to the wind for pure potential, like Gay and Warrick.

All Star
» Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:40 am
Agreed. If a potential-labeled player that a vet is lost for turns out a bust, it's back in rebuilding mode for any borderline playoff team, and us Warrior fans especially know how that feels.

Role Player
» Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:05 pm
yea, and the thing was...we mightve picked warrick over ike.

» Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:33 pm
I like Ike a lot more than Warrick, long-term. Warrick is more explosive... but Ike has the fundamentals down and a lot of slick post moves. Fundamentals (and whether or not players can develop them) are what separate good players from crap.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:00 am
I wanted Ike on that draft, but Warrick was my second option. I would love to have him to play SF. Certainly more than Dun-Dun. He doesn't have an outside shot, but neither has Al Harrington, and we still tried to get him this summer.

» Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:41 pm
Warrick would be a huge improvement over Dunleavy, no question.

Of course, the Chris Rock-sounding puppet on those Sprite commercials would be a huge improvement over MDJ...

All Star
» Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:29 pm
#32 wrote:Warrick would be a huge improvement over Dunleavy, no question.

Of course, the Chris Rock-sounding puppet on those Sprite commercials would be a huge improvement over MDJ...

:D

(how about tommy heinsohn? think he'd come out of retirement?)

Hall of Famer
» Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:44 am
#32 wrote:Warrick would be a huge improvement over Dunleavy, no question.

::lol: ::lol: ::lol: