Blazers get Magloire

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:15 pm
Blazers just traded three scrubs for Magloire. Blazers have gotten alot stronger in a matter of a few weeks. Wonder which one of Randolph, Aldridge or Magloire will be on the bench or whether McMillan will go big and put Randolph at SF. They still have Darius Miles that they can still trade, maybe for a real PG. Fairly loaded team potentially at least

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:51 pm
i really cant understand why the warriors couldnt come up with a package to land mcgloire i mean the guys from the blazers who they traded for really are scrubs! that move would certainly would have eased the blow, if you could say that, of losing out on harrington for an upgrade for our starting 5. we could have

davis
richardson
dunleavy
diogu
macgloire

its a shame.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:31 pm
migya wrote:Blazers just traded three scrubs for Magloire. Blazers have gotten alot stronger in a matter of a few weeks. Wonder which one of Randolph, Aldridge or Magloire will be on the bench or whether McMillan will go big and put Randolph at SF. They still have Darius Miles that they can still trade, maybe for a real PG. Fairly loaded team potentially at least

Randolph is too good of a post player to play SF. He and Magloire will start this year... and than (after Magloire bolts for free agency next year) Aldridge will become the new starting 5. Magloire's trade was half to give Aldridge time to develop... and half a salary dump.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:15 am
I think the Bucks want to give more opportunity to Bogut and getting rid of Magloire was pretty essential. Magloire will give the Blazers good rebounding and defense but I wouldn't want him in the way of Aldridge. Aldridge should be given a good 30mins a game as he is one of the best rookies in this draft

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:58 am
There's no way in hell Randolph plays SF.

With that said, I can't understand the trade for Milwaukee. They didn't get anything for a decent center. Blake should be the third string pg, after Mo Williams and Charlie Bell, Ha Seung-Jin is ... tall... and Skinner is a decent 9th man.

We should have gotten Magloire. I'm sure we could have made a package around our recently acquired players and Pietrus to get him. That would be way better than the Blazers offer.

As for the Blazers, I agree. I also think that it's a one season lease.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:40 pm
Blake is a decent point... and they're looking for backups for Mo Williams (seeing as the battle to start, between him and TJ, is lone gone). He was the meat of the trade, in my opinion.

As for Skinner and Seung-Jin, it's just a downgrade to put everyone in their place. Last year, Milwaukee's front court had too many cheifs and not enough Indians. Bogut, Magloire, Gazurick, and Smith were all starting-caliber players. This trade allows Bogut to slide into the starting-5 spot, while aquiring two backup big men (who won't dare ask to start). The Bucks are trying to fill up roles on their roster... but they got shafted in this trade. A 3rd string point (with a couple backup bigs) could have been aquired for someone a lot less valueable than Magloire.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Trades