Hollinger's Warriors-Philly Trade Idea

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

John Hollinger is a...

Know-Nothing Douche Bag
11%
Brainless Retard
11%
Lucky Bastard, for keeping his job at ESPN so long without contributing jack sh*t, besides lame trade ideas and BS, fake "Hollinger stats"
78%

Total votes : 9

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:34 pm
GOLDEN STATE
Troy Murphy, Ike Diogu, Mickael Pietrus and Zarko Cabarkapa for Iverson

If anybody outside of Philadelphia is likely to undergo a late-summer face-lift, it's the Warriors. And after apparently failing in their pursuit of Al Harrington (Indiana is expected to nab him in a sign-and-trade deal thanks to its mammoth trade exception), Golden State's brass can turn its attention to Iverson.

With several inexpensive young talents on board, a deal with the Warriors could certainly give Philly the post-Iverson boost it needs. The trade above represents a broad outline, but here are several variants depending on which players quicken the pulse of Sixers GM Billy King the most.

For instance, Pietrus could be replaced with Andris Biedrins at Philly's choosing, or if the teams waited until October, the Warriors could replace Pietrus with the combo of Monta Ellis and either Keith McLeod or Andre Owens (both of whom were traded from Utah in July, so they can't be moved again in a package deal for three months).

Additionally, Diogu or Murphy almost certainly would be conveyed to a third team since they both play the same position as Chris Webber. Another monkey wrench involves waiting until October, then adding both McLeod and Devin Brown to the deal as cap ballast, allowing the Sixers to dump Kyle Korver's contract in the Bay. Alternatively, the Warriors might insist on adding some combo of McLeod, Brown and Owens to the deal just to keep them under the luxury-tax threshold.

In any event, this deal doesn't look as great for the Sixers as it does for the Warriors, unless Philly places a very high value on Diogu and/or Ellis. Murphy overlaps with Webber, and pairing the two is unthinkable from a defensive perspective, so getting him should be a very low priority. Even more, Murphy's contract runs two years longer than Iverson's, so the Sixers won't get much in the way of cap relief.

Odds: 7-1

Does anybody need anymore proof of what an idiot John Hollinger is...? Golden State giving up BOTH Diogu and Murphy (along with those notions of 'tossing in' Monta Ellis in October)?? And then that ridiculous idea of us taking on Kyle Korver's contract?!?

You f-in wish, Philly.

Hollinger, I dunno how the hell you keep your job. You must have naked pictures of somebody in ESPN's front office, because you are a Grade A douche.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:59 pm
How can I click the three options?.

That article makes no sense. Seems like he picked both rosters and started throwing names at random.

I'm pretty sure we've had better trade proposals in our trade forum.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:02 pm
TMC wrote:I'm pretty sure we've had better trade proposals in our trade forum.

And that's saying something. 12-year old kids with spare time at the library can come up with better scenarios than Hollinger does for his job! It's pathetic.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:15 pm
Do you know what sounds a little better? Jalen Rose and S. Marbury for Davis, Richardson, Diogu, Ellis, Biedrins, and Murphy. Have Hollinger put that one up!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:39 pm
TMC wrote:How can I click the three options?.

That article makes no sense. Seems like he picked both rosters and started throwing names at random.

I'm pretty sure we've had better trade proposals in our trade forum.

2ND THAT!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:20 pm
John Patrick wrote:Do you know what sounds a little better? Jalen Rose and S. Marbury for Davis, Richardson, Diogu, Ellis, Biedrins, and Murphy. Have Hollinger put that one up!!

Come on, now. The trade has to be fair...

... we'd also need to take Jerome James' contract, too.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:23 pm
I guess... :(

:D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:40 pm
John Patrick wrote:Do you know what sounds a little better? Jalen Rose and S. Marbury for Davis, Richardson, Diogu, Ellis, Biedrins, and Murphy. Have Hollinger put that one up!!

Send him an e-mail quoting "inside sources" and will be in the ESPN page in no time.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:07 am
I bet I can tell them I'm Mullin and they'll believe...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 am
Why is this preschool dribble "the World-Wide Leader in Sports Presentation"...? :roll:
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:58 pm
Seriously... ESPN is on their high horse and tout themselves like they're the **** nowadays, and they can't even come up with a good slogan. Their analyists for most sports are retarded. Hollinger rankings? Please. Stephen A Smith? Douche bag. Tim Legler and Greg Anthony suck, Stewart Scott is a sellout, yadda yadda yadda. That network has gone downhill steadily over the past few years, while increasing the amount they hype themselves up. I definitely watch espn a lot (mainly for lack of an alternative), but I still would rather see basketball analysis from some people on this board over Legler/hollinger, etc.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Amen.

Seems like all ESPN cares about these days are the Japanese hotdog eater, whether Danica is gonna cross over into Nascar or not, and Barbaro's "untimely career-demise"...

Raise your hand if you give a sh*t about any of that.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:55 am
yeah, I also wanted to pick all three, but ended up with lucky bastard. I can imagine the phone call between hollinger and billy king's mailman.

"hey Jim, what would it take for King to trade AI to the Ws"

Postman Jim" Hmmm....dunno, maybe Murphy, Diogu, Pietrus and Ellis"

Hollinger "Great! I got my next insider scoop - a source close to 76ers GM Billy King reports serious discussion on..."

Motherf**ker tried singlehandedly to cook the numbers to create a wave for D Wade in MVP, among many other shoddy maneuvers AND ya gotta pay for his bull sh*t
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:37 am
I'm not paying for that crap!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:48 am
My subscription is what gives me Inside Access. Paying for Hollinger's thoughts is like paying for a kick in the balls.
Next

Return to News Articles