All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:46 am
BS.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:48 am
I like Mike but he is a college coach. That is what he is good at.
Mario would have the kind of respect from his players that Montgomery could never have. Mario is a champion and winner. At some point, hopefully this season, the Warriors can make the playoffs so Montgomery can go back to the college game and have Mario take over. that way Mullin saves a little face and it looks like Mike got them in the right direction.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:52 am
agreed. i dont feel like expressing my opinion on this so i'll jus conclude that monty has failed as coach of the golden state warriors and i vote for Mario Antoine Elie as the new GSWarriors new head coach for 2008. but unfortunately, we cant vote for a new one.

and for broe. if you didnt know, mullin is in love with dunleavy. cmon now, why else would you pay the man that much when he has had horrible talent. why else would you fire a man who decided to start a proven veteran in jamison over a jus one year out of his rookie campaign in dunleavy? why would you hire a college coach whose biggest accomplishment was getting the stanford cardinals into the sweet 16 and not winning a national championship? im jus saying...why.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:34 pm
I also don't feel like recycling this topic but Muss was fired for more reasons than what you have pointed out including problems with J Rich and others :!: But I agree if Monty can't rally the troops this year Ellie is the man, To be continued....
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:14 am
then we shall continue on with the topic. we got enough men to get at least the eighth seed. if monty cant do it, in the words of someone i cant think of right now, "you're fired." and if that happens, the monty haters can celebrate while the monty lovers can cry. and if he does get fired, Elie is the man. if not, then the new man better be better than Elie.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:34 am
Don't think there are too many Monty lovers out there...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:33 pm
O.G. broe wrote:I also don't feel like recycling this topic but Muss was fired for more reasons than what you have pointed out including problems with J Rich and others :!: But I agree if Monty can't rally the troops this year Ellie is the man, To be continued....

Yeah. I remember J-Rich and Foyle were pretty explicit about not wanting to play for Muss.

Although, in this case, I would have sided with the coach. Look what firing good coaches do to a team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:55 pm
I'm glad we didn't trade JRich. At the time, his trade value wasn't anywhere near as high, he became a 25 PPG guy, and his contract is the steal of the league. Mussleman was good... but he didn't get us to the playoffs or anything.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:16 pm
I never said anything about trading J-Rich. Just that I wouldn't have fired Muss. That doesn't mean J-Rich would have to be traded...

Sometimes players just talk, and do different things later. It's a test.

If the team shows commitment towards the coach, most players will just shut up and play.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:42 am
over Monty? any day
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:38 am
TMC wrote:
Although, in this case, I would have sided with the coach. Look what firing good coaches do to a team.

Yes Sir, we shoulda kept Muss. As far as the vote goes i woulda voted for Whoopi Goldberg over Monty........does Monty have any respect left?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:22 am
tradedunleavy wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yes Sir, we shoulda kept Muss. As far as the vote goes i woulda voted for Whoopi Goldberg over Monty........does Monty have any respect left?

Monty has one more chance to make this work or he has to leave! Mullin's reputation is on the line and he must be man enough to get rid of Monty if it all does not work again

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:51 am
As long is Mullin is here, Monty will be here. In order to get rid of Monty, the team has to first cut out Mullin. Monty is the tail; Mullin is the head.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:36 pm
If the team starts out this next season slow and losing games that should be won... Monty will be fired mid-season and in will come Elie. Monty is on a very very short leash now and with another couple mistakes... he's gone.

I'll say this... I want Monty to do well next season, but if he doesn't there's no more "time out and sit in the corner Monty" there will just be "pack your sh-t and get the f-ck out Monty."

Monty cannot make anymore mistakes. Now... finally... his job is on the line.

Let's hope this is a fact.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:37 pm
uptempo wrote:As long is Mullin is here, Monty will be here. In order to get rid of Monty, the team has to first cut out Mullin. Monty is the tail; Mullin is the head.

Gotta agree, any other worthwhile GM woulda fired Monty already. Mullin better pray Baron comes into camp healthy, in shape and motivated and stays that way for the whole season or else hes gonna be axed.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball