Biedrins
69%
O'Bryant
31%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:13 pm
This may have been talked about before but I think we should start a thread comparing Biedrins and O'Bryant. They are obviously going to be competing for minutes and respect, and this means they're both gonna play their maximum potential. But only one can get the starting role, and in my opinion it will be O'Bryant (eventually). Right now, Biedrins will probably get the majority of their minutes because he is a veteran.

Biedrins and O'Bryant are both very tough defenders and rebounders, but I think O'Bryant's offense will merit him as a better center. Biedrins only scores off finishing plays and easy dunks, he cannot create his own buckets at all. However, O'Bryant seems to have a hook shot and a couple moves he can use to get buckets. Even though he has flaws (inconsistency, fouls, taking to long to set up), those are things that can be ironed out.

What are all your thoughts? Who will be the better center?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:20 pm
Funny, but I can't remember it being discussed. Everybody seems down on Biedrins...

I don't. He was the youngest player of the NBA when we drafted him, and he's still learning. First thing he needs to do is don't commin as many fouls (hey, that should apply to POB, too). Second, get better at free throws (which he has, allegedly, done this summer) and then experience will do the rest. He needs minutes. Period. Then he'll show he's the better prospect.

As for POB, I think he's inner lazyness will be the difference. Ladies and gentlemen, the new Jerome James is in the building.

But what do I know?. I'm the one who didn't want POB drafted by any means...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:27 pm
i would first go with neither.

but if i had a gun to my head, i would pick biedrins because he's more agile and because he has a picture-perfect stroke.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:47 pm
I haven't seen O'Bryant play yet... so for now I'm gonna stick with Biedrins since he has more NBA expierence and seems to be more energetic.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:03 pm
O'Bryant is already bigger and stronger (and plans on putting on plenty more muscle during his career). He's also lankier; giving him a better body for blocking shots. Plus, he's shown (in college... not so much the Summer League) that he can rebound.

Biedrins seems more conserned with scoring than with doing big man stuff. His blocks went way down when his hacking style of play stopped... he's a decent rebounder (so he and Patrick are probably a toss-up here), and he's more capable dribbling a basketball (not that that matters at center).

I think, in a year or two, O'Bryant will surpass Biedrins purely because O'Bryant's big tag is improvement (and how fast he learns/adusts to the game around him... which I saw physical proof of during Summer League play)... plus, he has better physical tools to work with. Biedrins is still riding potential going into his 3rd season... he's a retarded monkey on the free-throw line, is blocking less than a shot a night (now that he's not mugging people), and looks like an average, backup 5 in the making.

O'Bryant's got more useable tools and a lot more potential (seeing as he's known for improvement), so I'm taking him as our future center... plus, I'm a sucker for the sky-hook. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:11 pm
can't intelligently comment - haven't seen POB in a game that matters
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:22 pm
Both need to improve alot, especially Biedrins (haven't seen O'bryant). Which ever one plays better should start and get the most minutes, that's how it should be.

Reckon Foyle will still start and get the majority of the minutes!

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:18 pm
Good points... and when I mean comparing I'm talking about a little long term.. I'll probably run this thread again when the season's over... also another thing to note is that POB seems like an excellent FT shooter, which obviously Biedrins is not.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:18 pm
Good points... and when I mean comparing I'm talking about a little long term.. I'll probably run this thread again when the season's over... also another thing to note is that POB seems like an excellent FT shooter, which obviously Biedrins is not.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:24 pm
migya wrote:

shoot me now if that happens. An all politics team is Nash, Foyle, Howard, Morrison and Etan Thomas, but other than Nash, Howard and Morrison the team would be better debating than playing
Last edited by coltraning on Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:25 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

shoot me now if that happens. An all politics team is Nash, Foyle, Howard, Morrison and Etan Thomas, but other than Nash and Morrison, the team would be better debating than playing

but nash would make foyle average 21 ppg, ask 32....
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:49 pm
POB will bake a delicious cheesecake for Monty to get the starting role.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:52 pm
i'd take biedrins. he's experienced the nba game already. but here's an update from the nba website for you POB supporters...he averaged 9.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, and 1.4 bpg. also he did something very ike like. foul trouble.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:17 am
Hoonyo wrote:POB will bake a delicious cheesecake for Monty to get the starting role.

And lace it with cyanide to become the most popular Warriors player :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:43 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

shoot me now if that happens. An all politics team is Nash, Foyle, Howard, Morrison and Etan Thomas, but other than Nash and Morrison, the team would be better debating than playing

but nash would make foyle average 21 ppg, ask 32....

even Nash ain't that good :drinking:

ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball