Marvin Williams, Josh Smith or maybe Lakers (Odom)

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:46 am
The W's should try to revive trade talks with the Lakers for Lamar Odom!. Trade Murphy and Pietrus for Lamar!.

With all the trade talk why didn't the W's trade to trade for Marvin Williams or Josh Smith. Since they both play the same position one is due to have a breakout year. And one of them will be available for trade by the end of next year or sooner!.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:01 am
Anonymous wrote:The W's should try to revive trade talks with the Lakers for Lamar Odom!. Trade Murphy and Pietrus for Lamar!.

With all the trade talk why didn't the W's trade to trade for Marvin Williams or Josh Smith. Since they both play the same position one is due to have a breakout year. And one of them will be available for trade by the end of next year or sooner!.

It will cost more than just Murphy and Pietrus, Josh Smith isn't going anywhere unless it's for a real good player or superstar and Marvin Williams will take a few years to et good, if he ever does!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:05 am
Marvin is tearing up summer league. He seems much better than last year, although that doesn't mean nothing come regular season.

From what I've read, Atlanta plans on playing both of them together, Smith as the SF and Marvin as the PF, and changing position according to their rivals.

I don't think they're on the block. At least, they aren't for what we may be willing to offer.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:21 pm
I realy like Josh Smith and haven't really seen Marvin Williams play but yea, both are definately not on the trading block, unless it is for an allstar type player

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:25 pm
I like the idea of pursuing Lamar Odom...

Josh Smith is a nice idea (not so much Marvin, though)... but, like everyone else said, he's probably not on the block.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:41 pm
I would love to have Lamar Odom
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:29 pm
That lineup would be bomb. Assume we trade Murphy, Pietrus, and a future 2nd rounder for Lamar Odom and Aaron McKee...

BD/McKee/McCloud or Owens (if either stay)
JRich/Monta/Brown (if he stays)
Odom/Dunleavy/Zarko
Ike/Taft
PO'B/Biedrins/Foyle

I think it'd be a real good idea.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:29 pm
With Josh Smith at the sF I think the team is better. You get some better defense and better athleticism. Odom is a great playmaker but that is only good when Baron is not around. Josh Smith would be better running with Baron, the way Pietrus does some times

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:41 am
Yeah but think of it this way! With Lamar Odom we don't need to count on Dunleavy as a point forward and Odom can also direct the offense for the second team! That's why its a great idea!! He would have to log a lot of minutes though... Plus two Josh Smith is not available AT ALL.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:58 am
John Patrick wrote:Yeah but think of it this way! With Lamar Odom we don't need to count on Dunleavy as a point forward and Odom can also direct the offense for the second team! That's why its a great idea!! He would have to log a lot of minutes though... Plus two Josh Smith is not available AT ALL.

I think both Josh Smith and Odom are not available. Both meant alot to their teams last season and still do

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:18 am
Lamar Odom would be the best option of this bunch. And I think he'd be available, for the right offer. I don't think he's happy playing with Kobe.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:27 am
But Phil Jackson likely wants to keep him because he is very effective

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:34 am
migya wrote:But Phil Jackson likely wants to keep him because he is very effective

That's true. But, if the player wants to go... You know how this works.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:36 am
I just think that Josh Smith is going to be one of the most potent players there is. He can run around and jump over nearly everybody. He is improving real fast also and I expect him to be allstar caliber by next season or two seasons from now

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:04 am
i think of those 3,Odom would prolly be the easiest to get.No way Atl is givin up Smith,and people seem to forget Smith was the #2 pick last year.Theyre not giving up on him yet
Next

Return to Trades