Can we go after AI now?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:37 pm
ok, now that the harrington mess is over, we can go after someone good. lets trade to get AI. We have the tools, AI is always TOPS in points. Sure, he might hurt team chemistry and take over the team. But if that means getting to the playoffs, im all for it.

Warriors have denied going after AI, but that was before Harrington signed with the Pacers.

so get r' done mully
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:33 pm
Iverson is a great player but he would likely not make the team any better than it is now!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:40 pm
well personally ima bunny :agrue: :bday: :| :?: :!: :mrgreen: :banghead: :wink: :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :x 8) :? :shock: :D :) :( :-o :hairyballs:
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:52 pm
billy king says iverson is off the table. its somewhere on realgm. though you can never trust GMs for all we know BK could be doing some secret trades he doesnt want leaked out.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:31 pm
what? wrote:billy king says iverson is off the table. its somewhere on realgm. though you can never trust GMs for all we know BK could be doing some secret trades he doesnt want leaked out.

On the money!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:08 am
what? wrote:billy king says iverson is off the table. its somewhere on realgm. though you can never trust GMs for all we know BK could be doing some secret trades he doesnt want leaked out.

Yeah, it could be trick the get more on a trade. But, this time, I believe it. I don't think they're getting the offers they thought they would get, and so, have decided against trading him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:26 am
TMC wrote:

Yeah, it could be trick the get more on a trade. But, this time, I believe it. I don't think they're getting the offers they thought they would get, and so, have decided against trading him.

Could be a ploy to get teams to try harder and offer more for him

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:51 pm
what? wrote:billy king says iverson is off the table.

That's because he couldn't get equal value back for him. Everyone out there knows Iverson is team poison, so they offered crap for him. Iverson is worth more to King on the 76ers than what he could get for him in return (and believe me, he's tried all summer). That's the only reason Billy's trying to save face and pretend that Iverson being in Philly's training camp is his decision.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:34 pm
I don't trust GMs! He might still try to get rid of Iverson

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:25 am
i think kupchak said shaq was staying, few weeks later he got traded to the heat
orlando said they wanted to work things out with francis, soon he got traded.
they even said baron wasnt going anywhere, then he gets traded here.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:37 am
It's a technique.

After you leave players on the block for a while, you acknowledge that all the offers you got were garbage and now you aren't willing to give your player away anymore... and, usually, some better trades come sailing in because the other GM's realize now that you won't settle for trash just because a player's on the block. It's like telling the other teams, "Screw this idea, than. I don't have to trade my star... and I'm not gonna trade him unless you guys start giving me some real proposals." Once people know you're serious, they'll stop trying to take advantage.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:33 pm
you guys remember the philly trade that didnt go down on draft night?
i think they said philly wouldve ended up with the #7 pick (foye) gerald green and boozer. i think utah pulled out at the last minute and everything fell apart.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:22 pm
How the hell did Philly almost swing a deal for Gerald Green, Boozer, AND the #7 pick...?!

How many GMs sobered up before pulling out on that one??
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:41 pm
what? wrote:you guys remember the philly trade that didnt go down on draft night?
i think they said philly wouldve ended up with the #7 pick (foye) gerald green and boozer. i think utah pulled out at the last minute and everything fell apart.

I wonder who would Utah got in that scenario. It seems clear that Iverson would have gone to Boston... or not?. It would be interesting watching AI trying to live in Salt Lake City.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:42 am
TMC wrote:
what? wrote:you guys remember the philly trade that didnt go down on draft night?

I wonder who would Utah got in that scenario. It seems clear that Iverson would have gone to Boston... or not?. It would be interesting watching AI trying to live in Salt Lake City.

Maybe he'll go Mormon!

Next

Return to Trades