ANY MAJOR TRADES?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:59 pm
I'm not as optimistic. I mean, we have added the Chef who is still a project and a question mark, we have added three scrubs who probably won't make the team, or, if they do, will only be backups to our backups. We kept Monty....

I was excited for last season. The next one, meh. We'll see what happens. I'm not saying we're going to suck, but I won't believe we're a playoff contender til I see it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:11 am
Keeping the same coach is the biggest mistake but things can only get better as far as the players abilities are concerned. Not often do very young players not get better so right there the team will get better.

It is the way things are organised, or lack of, that are what is holding the team back

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:05 am
That's the only reason for hope. That Ike and Monta improve (and get more minutes), that J-Rich keeps establishing himself as a top SG, that Baron keeps himself injury free... We have a few reasons for optimism. I'm just going to keep it under control this time.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:08 am
TMC wrote:That's the only reason for hope. That Ike and Monta improve (and get more minutes), that J-Rich keeps establishing himself as a top SG, that Baron keeps himself injury free... We have a few reasons for optimism. I'm just going to keep it under control this time.

I'm not thinking that this team will make the playoffs! Not with this coach!

Changes need to be made but if most of these young players are kept and only the people who or way that things are being managed go or change, then this same group of players can be successful

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:16 am
The Fish trade gives $ flexibility to add too the team's future :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:18 am
O.G. broe wrote:The Fish trade gives $ flexibility to add too the team's future :!:

So that should pay for the remainder of Monty's contract! So Mullin can now remove that prik!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:32 am
O.G. broe wrote:The Fish trade gives $ flexibility to add too the team's future :!:

Only if we also get rid of Murph, Dun and/or Foyle. The Fish trade only adds flexibility to Cohan's future right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:52 am
TMC wrote:I'm not as optimistic. I mean, we have added the Chef who is still a project and a question mark, we have added three scrubs who probably won't make the team, or, if they do, will only be backups to our backups. We kept Monty....

I was excited for last season. The next one, meh. We'll see what happens. I'm not saying we're going to suck, but I won't believe we're a playoff contender til I see it.

Dude, there's 3 months of offseason left. Chill. Mullin will make a move (he might even make more than one). The Fisher trade was nothing. Disregard that. The Troy Murphy trade is what this summer's really about.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:23 am
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:I'm not as optimistic. I mean, we have added the Chef who is still a project and a question mark, we have added three scrubs who probably won't make the team, or, if they do, will only be backups to our backups. We kept Monty....

Dude, there's 3 months of offseason left. Chill. Mullin will make a move (he might even make more than one). The Fisher trade was nothing. Disregard that. The Troy Murphy trade is what this summer's really about.

yeah - it is all about who we get for murphy. if he is still on the team in november, pass the metaphysical razor blades, but you are right, it is july 24 today - 3 months for mullin to do something...really 2, cause major trades don't tend to happen after training camp starts...I am truly bothered that Monty is still here and don't believe they are a playoff team with him as coach, but then again, the celtics won with fitch and the lakers with paul westhead, so the players on the floor are 95% of the equation.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:02 pm
I hope Montgomery is dealt with midseason. I think Mullin is waiting for an issue/excuse to bring to Cohan as reason to fire him. If Mully can get ahold of an off-the-court issue (Baron vs Monty [-o<), than maybe the door will get a little closer to Monty's ass...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:18 pm
#32 wrote:Dude, there's 3 months of offseason left. Chill. Mullin will make a move (he might even make more than one). The Fisher trade was nothing. Disregard that. The Troy Murphy trade is what this summer's really about.

Yeah, I was only talking from the moves we've made thus far. There's still time enough to trade Murph or make other moves. But I don't feel the excitement we all had before the start of last season...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:08 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Dude, there's 3 months of offseason left. Chill. Mullin will make a move (he might even make more than one). The Fisher trade was nothing. Disregard that. The Troy Murphy trade is what this summer's really about.

Yeah, I was only talking from the moves we've made thus far. There's still time enough to trade Murph or make other moves. But I don't feel the excitement we all had before the start of last season...

You don't feel it because our big move hasn't been made yet... whereas, last season, our big move was Baron Davis and we got a small sample of what he would bring to the table.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:06 pm
I see a lot of potential for the team, and agreed, there's a good 3 months left for the offseason and the Murphy trade will be the focal point for this summer. I'm still psyched for this team as always.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:07 pm
IF HARRINGTON IS GONE...I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHO ELSE IS LEFT OUT THERE THAT IS UP TO BE TRADED.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:08 pm
I've personally asked this myself, and #32 responded in detail of a couple potential players we can trade for. It's in the threads somewhere...
PreviousNext

Return to Trades