stein on harrington

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:18 pm
I actually mentioned Kurt Thomas not Tim Thomas. Kurt was brought in by the Suns to get the rebounds so they can run and gun and also to bring some defense. Murphy has a good three point shot and is a very good rebounder. With Nash, Murphy could play better than he has here and he has some improvement to do in other areas which he could very well get better at. Murphy is young and so the Suns would be getting a player that should only get better and is not past it all.

I have just read on many sites and some forums that Marion apparently is being shopped around. Many state that this is because Diaw showed last season that he can do many of the things that Marion can, such as rebounding, running and defense but he also can be a playmaker. If this is all true and marion is likely to be tradeable by the Suns, now would be the best time to offer something for him. Mullin, as I have mentioned, should offer a fair bit for him, such as Murphy, Pietrus and if also needed, dun and a big guy, one of either Taft, Foyle or O'bryant

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:02 am
If they finally move Marion, it will be to free up money for Diaw. Murphy, on and off the court, is a terrible fit.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:09 am
TMC wrote:If they finally move Marion, it will be to free up money for Diaw. Murphy, on and off the court, is a terrible fit.

The Suns won't be stupid enough to trade Marion for practically nothing! Murphy may not seem like a good fit but they went fot Kurt thomas and he had no offense and was much better in the slower game. Murphy's rebounding and outside shooting fit great with the Suns. He would be a good compliment to a guy like Amare, who likes to bang inside and also with Diaw who can score in a variety of ways and is a good passer. Both Amare and Diaw could setup Murphy for threes or layups and so the rebounding that Murphy brings looks even more valuable

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:34 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:If they finally move Marion, it will be to free up money for Diaw. Murphy, on and off the court, is a terrible fit.

The Suns won't be stupid enough to trade Marion for practically nothing! Murphy may not seem like a good fit but they went fot Kurt thomas and he had no offense and was much better in the slower game. Murphy's rebounding and outside shooting fit great with the Suns. He would be a good compliment to a guy like Amare, who likes to bang inside and also with Diaw who can score in a variety of ways and is a good passer. Both Amare and Diaw could setup Murphy for threes or layups and so the rebounding that Murphy brings looks even more valuable

don't you think a lot of Murphy's rebounds are pretty pedestrian? I don't see him crashing for offensive boards. I am not saying he is abad player, though in this power forward rich league he was probably 12th best in the west last year. Still, I would trade Murphy Pietrus and one of our many centers in a second for Marion...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:39 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

don't you think a lot of Murphy's rebounds are pretty pedestrian? I don't see him crashing for offensive boards. I am not saying he is abad player, though in this power forward rich league he was probably 12th best in the west last year. Still, I would trade Murphy Pietrus and one of our many centers in a second for Marion...

Murphy gets it done, end of story. There are many PFs in the nba that are hyped but don't get much done, statistically and literally! Murphy at least is a good role player that can be counted on to score some points and get some rebounds. He's young age is also another big plus and the Suns would be sure of having a PF that would not really get worse but more likely get better

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:08 am
I think Murph is only worth 7-8 boards for any other team. It's just that nobody else gets boards for us.

And, about the Marion trade, I don't think the Suns are stupid. They know they won''t get equal value for Marion so, if it's not for salary reasons, they'd be better off keeping him. If they trade him, it will be for expirers...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:12 am
TMC wrote:I think Murph is only worth 7-8 boards for any other team. It's just that nobody else gets boards for us.

And, about the Marion trade, I don't think the Suns are stupid. They know they won''t get equal value for Marion so, if it's not for salary reasons, they'd be better off keeping him. If they trade him, it will be for expirers...

Doesn't make any sense unless they really feel that Diaw can be good enough with Amare to make the frontcourt a great contributor every game, which could well end up true.

If it is for expirers, Pietrus, Zarko and even biedrins are fair to trade for Marion. Marion does get paid a heap but he earns it

Previous

Return to News Articles