Harrigton to Indy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:38 pm
I think barbosa basically IS monta ellis except a bit older
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:02 pm
I disagree with the part that Barbosa is only successful because of Nash. Barbosa is very quick and very good at taking the ball to the rack and finishing. Also, the main reason that we would trade Monta for him is that Barbosa is an excellent 3pt shooter, someone the Warriors need! I think his reg. season % might be the best in the NBA (I'm not %100 sure, but even if it's not, it's top tier) at 45%! Yes, he gets a lot of looks because of Nash but no one would be a 45% 3pt shooter without being skilled!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:20 am
Damn, I'd sure like to see Dun do that more often lol...
I don't know the difference between Monta and "Leandrino" but I would sure as hell like to see Monta play more for our W's, so keep him. Interesting though that Barbosa's 3pt. shooting is good, so I guess I could see why we would trade, but I thought that the W's were gonna cool off on launching 29% 3 pointers and attack the paint more?? Ike and O'Chef's got that down!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:55 pm
Yeah, but it's always good to have a legit 3pt threat! Richardson is sort of one but his % is only around 38%. I guess you could say he is heavily guarded though. But with Monty still around, you could say the three's are not going to cease unless Diogu or Chef become serious post threats.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:15 pm
The Warriors are the 2nd team in the NBA that shoots the most 3's. And if it's goin in only 29% of the time, I don't think we need any more 3 shooters...they gotta get the ball into the paint more and do some low posting. I think many of us are waiting for a good low post threat. (Ike and possibly O'Bryant)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:40 pm
John Patrick wrote:I disagree with the part that Barbosa is only successful because of Nash. Barbosa is very quick and very good at taking the ball to the rack and finishing. Also, the main reason that we would trade Monta for him is that Barbosa is an excellent 3pt shooter, someone the Warriors need! I think his reg. season % might be the best in the NBA (I'm not %100 sure, but even if it's not, it's top tier) at 45%! Yes, he gets a lot of looks because of Nash but no one would be a 45% 3pt shooter without being skilled!

Monta Ellis was rumored to be Golden State's champion 3-point shooter during practice last year. From what was coming out of the other players, he was shooting the lights out of Derek Fisher (who was our best outside threat last year). Give him a year to show what he's got before we toss him away for a mediocre, backup PG.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:06 pm
Really would be a stupid thing to throw away a potential gem like Monta but Marion is real good and IF it had to be Monta included in a trade, I'd probably do it but don't think he would have to go though

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:50 am
I wouldn't "throw Monta" into anything. Right now, we're banking on him to be a star. And, so far, he's shown he can be (with minutes). If they don't offer us an equal package back, than don't take the deal.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:27 pm
We don't need Monta to be a star, we need Baron to be the star (as he gets paid to be), JRich to continue what he is doing, Diogu to be real good as he is a starter and someone at SF to play solid as well. Monta being a star is just an added bonus right now. Ellis might even leave as a FA if either Baron isn't traded in the next two years or Mullin cna't offer significant court time and a winning team to Ellis if he does continue to perform well

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:59 pm
John Patrick wrote:I disagree with the part that Barbosa is only successful because of Nash. Barbosa is very quick and very good at taking the ball to the rack and finishing. Also, the main reason that we would trade Monta for him is that Barbosa is an excellent 3pt shooter, someone the Warriors need! I think his reg. season % might be the best in the NBA (I'm not %100 sure, but even if it's not, it's top tier) at 45%! Yes, he gets a lot of looks because of Nash but no one would be a 45% 3pt shooter without being skilled!

From what I could tell in the playoffs Barbosa spent a lot of his minutes on the floor when Nash was resting. Though something of a combo guard he was playing something of a point-guardish position for them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:44 pm
Barbosa is good but the syatem in the Suns maximises him as it does the rest of them

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:34 am
That's interesting that Monta was the champion 3pt shooter in practice. But practice isn't the same as a game and he had a bad (34%) percentage for the season. I still think we should keep him though as a sixth man (for now).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:31 pm
John Patrick wrote:That's interesting that Monta was the champion 3pt shooter in practice. But practice isn't the same as a game and he had a bad (34%) percentage for the season. I still think we should keep him though as a sixth man (for now).

34% as a rookie isn't bad. It isn't light-out (like he's rumored to be), but it's decent for a guy who seldom took any.

As far as keeping him as a 6th man for now, I agree. He shouldn't start. But, make no mistake, the Warrior's current best lineup is below in my sig. Monta playing SG (and sliding JRich up) to give him late-20's or early-30's in minutes is ideal for Golden State.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:31 pm
If JRich could defend the opposing SF then it is a feasible idea otherwise no. Monta still has to show that he can do what he did at the end of last season close to all the time

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 am
Yeah but are there more offensively good SF or SG...??!? and also sliding JRich to SF shouldn't be a problem migya if Monta is SG since we would have maybe Monta guard the better player (I think Monta's a great defender) and also Pietrus.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades