ANY MAJOR TRADES?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21212
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:10 pm
#32 wrote:That's pretty much the same distance between Dunleavy and Fisher last year. It's a pretty big difference during the game. When you take 4-5 three's a night and usually make 2 of them, that looks good. When you take 3-4 a game and only hit 1, that looks embarassing.



Only 5% difference and Lewis shot more than 1 three a game more! That proves that what was said that Marion shoots so many threes invalid and also shows that Lewis is not a far more superior outside shooter than Marion! With this fact, Lewis' greatest strength is not even much more than Marion and with the rest what is brought to the table, Marion offers much more defensively and just as much if not more offensively (Marion averaged 21.8pts to Lewis' 20.1pts) than Lewis
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13480
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:19 pm
I simply reitterated the stat's you posted.

Marion will shoot 3-4 three's a night, and only make 1 of them (1.2, to be exact).

Lewis will fire 4-5 shots a night, and usually make 2 of them (1.8, to be exact).

I'll take Lewis' outside shot over Marion's. The best Marion can average, per night, is 1/3 (which is mid-30s). The best Lewis can average is 2/4 (which is 50%). I like those odds a lot more.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:20 pm
#32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:dude, marion is the worst three shooter that takes threes outside of dunnyboy. He's an abysmal three point shooter and the only reason he makes some is because he takes so damn many

I agree.

And, disease, all those could be Warriors are all draft f*ck ups. A lotta other teams probably have a long list of players they "could have drafted". The truly sad 'could-be' Warriors are the players who we had for a brief while, than traded; Vince Carter, Gilbert Arenas, Chris Webber, Mitch Richmond, ect...

I know a couple of them are cheap like reed and russell, but not many teams have drafted Joe Smith over KG, Adonal Foyle over tmac, todd fuller over KB8, etc.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21212
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:48 pm
Yea, the Warriors organisation has been quite awful but fuk it, enough of the looking back at the shiit, let's look at the present and future and evaluate those properly!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:37 pm
migya wrote:Yea, the Warriors organisation has been quite awful but fuk it, enough of the looking back at the shiit, let's look at the present and future and evaluate those properly!

the present and future are more depressing than the past for the dubs
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:16 am
migya wrote:Only 5% difference


A 5% is a world of difference from the 3pt line. It makes the difference between a good 3pt shooter and an average one (almost bad).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21212
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:27 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Yea, the Warriors organisation has been quite awful but fuk it, enough of the looking back at the shiit, let's look at the present and future and evaluate those properly!

the present and future are more depressing than the past for the dubs



I see it as more optimistic because there is actual talent this time just not the organisation that is required
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21212
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:29 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Only 5% difference


A 5% is a world of difference from the 3pt line. It makes the difference between a good 3pt shooter and an average one (almost bad).



Not really! Talking about 33 to 38 is a little different but not a HUGE amount. My point was that it was said that Marion shoots so many but Lewis actually shoots more, over one a game more.

Fact is, Lewis' only strength over Marion is outside shooting and it is not that greater. Marion does it all and is alot better than Lewis right now
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:34 am
migya wrote:Fact is, Lewis' only strength over Marion is outside shooting and it is not that greater. Marion does it all and is alot better than Lewis right now


I'll give you that Marion is a more complete player, he helps his team in more ways than Lewis, but not as a scorer.

And that 5%, as #32 pointed is a lot of difference. It goes beyond the stat itself. It's a 5% better, but shooting more threes and more contested, as Seattle doesn't have more offensive options than Lewis and Allen.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21212
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:54 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Fact is, Lewis' only strength over Marion is outside shooting and it is not that greater. Marion does it all and is alot better than Lewis right now


I'll give you that Marion is a more complete player, he helps his team in more ways than Lewis, but not as a scorer.

And that 5%, as #32 pointed is a lot of difference. It goes beyond the stat itself. It's a 5% better, but shooting more threes and more contested, as Seattle doesn't have more offensive options than Lewis and Allen.



Last season, Marion had to be real good, since the Suns didn't have Amare and he was. Marion scored more than Lewis anyway and he had to! Marion is better in almost every way compared to Lewis, I really don't see the comparison right now, maybe if Lewis gets better as I thought he would have by now.

Marion would be a great fit in the team. Imagine a SF that rebounds unlike many in the nba, blocks shots and steals better than most Centers and Guards and is able to score in a variety of ways. I'd probably be unwilling (but Mullin probably wouldn't) to trade JRich but it might take him to get Marion. Maybe the Suns would be alright with getting Murphy (a rebounder that they would need in the absence of Marion and a good outside shooter), Pietrus (potential great SG that would run and gun great with Nash) and a big guy like Foyle (unlikely but he would maybe be alright as backup Center), Taft (Amare like athlete and another that when healthy could thrive in the run and gun), Biedrins (I'd rather not him but he is another athlete that has great potential) or O'bryant (a big guy that has the fundamentals and potential to be a good Center also). I'd throw three guys to get Marion and since Murphy has to go and one of the SFs has to as well, that's two players that have to go and only one that is not needed to go (though there is a logjam of Centers so maybe three players have to go)
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:00 am
Marion's stats are nurtured by the kind of BBall the Suns play. He wouldn't have those averages in other team. He'd still be a great player, just not with those numbers.

And it also would happen the other way around. Lewis, or any other player, will have much higher averages playing for the Suns.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21212
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:26 am
TMC wrote:Marion's stats are nurtured by the kind of BBall the Suns play. He wouldn't have those averages in other team. He'd still be a great player, just not with those numbers.

And it also would happen the other way around. Lewis, or any other player, will have much higher averages playing for the Suns.



Marion would average just as high in everything except maybe scoring (still 17-19) on another team, the man has alot of skill.

Lewis may get better on the Suns as far as scoring but maybe not and he certainly would not get better at anything else unless he commits himself to rebounding and defense
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:27 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Marion's stats are nurtured by the kind of BBall the Suns play. He wouldn't have those averages in other team. He'd still be a great player, just not with those numbers.

And it also would happen the other way around. Lewis, or any other player, will have much higher averages playing for the Suns.



Marion would average just as high in everything except maybe scoring (still 17-19) on another team, the man has alot of skill.

Lewis may get better on the Suns as far as scoring but maybe not and he certainly would not get better at anything else unless he commits himself to rebounding and defense

Marion would average less rebounds on other teams too. The suns have a 6'7 center and marion is their only legit rebounder. He will average less boards next year if amare is healthy. And I think that you're underestimating how much the suns' style affects matrix' scoring. He doesn't haved any half court scoring skills to speak of, only fast breaks.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21212
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:04 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Marion's stats are nurtured by the kind of BBall the Suns play. He wouldn't have those averages in other team. He'd still be a great player, just not with those numbers.

And it also would happen the other way around. Lewis, or any other player, will have much higher averages playing for the Suns.



Marion would average just as high in everything except maybe scoring (still 17-19) on another team, the man has alot of skill.

Lewis may get better on the Suns as far as scoring but maybe not and he certainly would not get better at anything else unless he commits himself to rebounding and defense

Marion would average less rebounds on other teams too. The suns have a 6'7 center and marion is their only legit rebounder. He will average less boards next year if amare is healthy. And I think that you're underestimating how much the suns' style affects matrix' scoring. He doesn't haved any half court scoring skills to speak of, only fast breaks.



Marion was averaging high rebounds even when Amare was healthy! Marion would be a great fit for the team I reckon
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13480
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:38 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Yea, the Warriors organisation has been quite awful but fuk it, enough of the looking back at the shiit, let's look at the present and future and evaluate those properly!

the present and future are more depressing than the past for the dubs

I don't think the future is depressing in the least. I'm excited as hell for next season. If Baron is healthy, and JRich continues playing at a high level, and Ike has more time, and Monta comes into the picture, and O'Bryant continues to learn... there's a lot to look forward to (unlike the Jamison years, where every season felt the same... we had no worthy projects, no young talent, and no superstars). In the next 5 years, Golden State will be in the playoff hunt (1st-3rd round). After that, we'll see if it's championship or bust...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron