All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:28 pm
coltraning's a prophet. harrington's a pacer
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:18 am
One less problem to care about. I liked that trade just to get rid of Murph. Now I hope we can find a way to do it... without bringing in Chris Wilcox.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:49 am
TMC wrote:One less problem to care about. I liked that trade just to get rid of Murph. Now I hope we can find a way to do it... without bringing in Chris Wilcox.

Don't get me wrong, Diogu needs to start and Murphy would be a VERY expensive backup and Harrinton would probably be a step up at SF but he would cost probably more than Murphy and I just think he would stuff things up somehow, especially with his attitude which was bad in the Pacers before.

Mullin must find a trade that involves Murphy because I just don't see a proper rotation (with Diogu starting and getting at least 30mins) with Murphy still here. Maybe offer the Rockets Murphy and Pietrus for Battier and Howard. Add either dun, Taft, Foyle or O'bryant if needed. Battier may fit well, especially because of his defense which I think is very valuable. Maybe we would be losing more than we are gaining as Pietrus could get real good, but I'd rather be more secure in getting a SF that has shown very solid performances, especially in what the team is deficient in, DEFENSE!

Mullin must go after a trade involving Murphy because it will be such a logjam and a potential mess next season if he doesn't

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:52 am
Battier would be a great fit for us, but I can't see the Rockets trading him after giving up Rudy Gay for him (and Swift, although he was only included to make it work under the cap).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:43 am
TMC wrote:Battier would be a great fit for us, but I can't see the Rockets trading him after giving up Rudy Gay for him (and Swift, although he was only included to make it work under the cap).

But the Rockets could use some rebounding and outside shooting and Murphy gives that. The Rockets are quite pathetic in terms of depth and a guy with an upside like Pietrus would be interesting to them. He has already shown very good defense and they could see him to be as good as Battier with more scoring. I'd give it a try, heck, I'd try a few different scenarios with a few teams!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:57 am
Battier has just been traded and I think that, according to the rules, he can't be traded again until December. Also, Murphy doesn't fit JVG defensive style. I think there are better options out there.

I'd try to get either Rashard Lewis or Caron Butler for a package of players, although I don't think it would work. Another option would be trying to grab Hakim Warrick from Memphis, although he doesn't have an outside game... Just a few ideas.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:23 am
You like Rashard Lewis huh :wink:

Caron Butler looks very good but I wouldn't want to give more than Murphy for him and that could end up good for us so good idea.

A guy like Mo Petterson could also fit in well, though his defense is not great but he does score quite well. I still think of trying to pry Jefferson or Perkins from the Celts for Murphy. Ainge might fall for that.

I still tink since there has been a fair bit of talk of Marion being traded that Mullin should look to get him. I'd sell Pietrus as the SG that would make the Suns complete and Murphy as the rebounding force that Marion pretty much is. Marion is real good and getting him could mean getting the glue that sticks it all together

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:37 am
Murphy doesn't fit the Suns at all. Well, he does, as he plays close to no defense, but he can't run with them... and they're in a cut salary mode, to not pay the luxury tax... If we were to get Marion, it would have to be in a three-team trade.

And Butler's contract is the same we gave Dun-Dun. So, if Dun-Dun were part of the package, their contracts would be equal, with no BYC problems. Obviouslu, the Wizards would never trade them straight up, so we would have to offer someone else, Pietrus, Murph, Biedrins... whatever. Caron would be perfect for us.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:56 am
TMC wrote:Murphy doesn't fit the Suns at all. Well, he does, as he plays close to no defense, but he can't run with them... and they're in a cut salary mode, to not pay the luxury tax... If we were to get Marion, it would have to be in a three-team trade.

And Butler's contract is the same we gave Dun-Dun. So, if Dun-Dun were part of the package, their contracts would be equal, with no BYC problems. Obviouslu, the Wizards would never trade them straight up, so we would have to offer someone else, Pietrus, Murph, Biedrins... whatever. Caron would be perfect for us.

The Suns want to resign Diaw and keep the rest of the team intact. They believe that Diaw can do what Marion does well enough and that is why they are shopping Marion. Murphy fits well with the rebounding and outside shooting. Remember Kurt thomas is not much of a runner either.

I think Butler would be a perfect fit but is his defense solid enough, because the team really needs some defense to go anywhere. Dun would have to go but one or two players that the Wiz would like would have to go as well, maybe Pietrus and/or Biedrins or Taft or even Monta

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:03 am
migya wrote:Remember Kurt thomas is not much of a runner either.

True. That's why he doesn't play much. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:18 am
TMC wrote:

Yet he was attained to play starting Center so Amare could go back to PF! The Suns want a guy to get the rebounds and do the dirty work. Thomas does not have the outside shot while Murphy has that with just as good if not better rebounding.

Nash makes players good and he could be able to maximise Murphy's contributions beyond what he does here

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:05 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yet he was attained to play starting Center so Amare could go back to PF! The Suns want a guy to get the rebounds and do the dirty work. Thomas does not have the outside shot while Murphy has that with just as good if not better rebounding.

Nash makes players good and he could be able to maximise Murphy's contributions beyond what he does here

I'd love to see Marion for Murphy and Pietrus, but I don't see Murphy working on the Suns...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:45 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I'd love to see Marion for Murphy and Pietrus, but I don't see Murphy working on the Suns...

I think it could workout alright. Marion would really be great here

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:17 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I think it could workout alright. Marion would really be great here

dunno, bro - Murphy is a better rebounder than Tim Thomas, but otherwise, he is slower, less accurate from 3 and doesn't like to bang. why would the suns want him? unless you have some info that marion definitely wants out. I would LOVE marion to be on the warriors
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to News Articles