Harrigton to Indy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:00 am
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155372

This was on the Pacers message board. I thought you all might be intreasted.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:18 pm
they seem as loathe to get harrington as us
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:46 pm
This is good. Hopefully the Warriors make a strong push for A.I. now that Al Harrington is off the market.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:51 pm
Great if Harrington is off the market but I still don't want Iverson! A huge push for marion would be great!

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:49 pm
esabyrn333 wrote:http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155372

This was on the Pacers message board. I thought you all might be intreasted.

If that dude really is a personal friend of Al Harrington I sorta doubt he'll be announcing this on a message board. Sounds like the kind of story compulsive liars like to tell.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:19 pm
I agree with the last 2 posts 100%... except for when migya throws Marion's name out there. He'd be damn good... but he'd also start in front of Ike (I'm not buying a guy who grabs 12 rebounds a night and blocks over a shot a game NOT playing in the post for a living).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:28 pm
#32 wrote:I agree with the last 2 posts 100%... except for when migya throws Marion's name out there. He'd be damn good... but he'd also start in front of Ike (I'm not buying a guy who grabs 12 rebounds a night and blocks over a shot a game NOT playing in the post for a living).

Surely you've seen marion play. He is a SF that can play PF. He runs and guns real well and gets the rebounds and blocks the shots, as well as everything else, better than everyone except MAYBE AK47!

Marion would be a great starting SF for the team!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:37 pm
I agree with the last 2 posts 100%... except for when migya throws Marion's name out there. He'd be damn good... but he'd also start in front of Ike (I'm not buying a guy who grabs 12 rebounds a night and blocks over a shot a game NOT playing in the post for a living).

Yep. If that happens, Marion will start at SF. He did all his life until the last few seasons, where Phoenix style forced him to move to the 4.

I just don't see Phoenix going for our tradable players. They don't fit their team at all, besides Pietrus, and he won't be enough.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:28 am
TMC wrote:

Yep. If that happens, Marion will start at SF. He did all his life until the last few seasons, where Phoenix style forced him to move to the 4.

I just don't see Phoenix going for our tradable players. They don't fit their team at all, besides Pietrus, and he won't be enough.

That sounds right, TMC. Can you imagine Murphy lumbering up and down the court and clanking the open 3s he gets from Nash? Pietrus would fit great with the Suns - what about a 3 way, since we are fantasizing? Lewis and Fortson to Phoenix, Marion and Barbosa to Golden State and Murphy and Pietrus to Seattle? O.k...I know it won't happen...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:32 am
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

That sounds right, TMC. Can you imagine Murphy lumbering up and down the court and clanking the open 3s he gets from Nash? Pietrus would fit great with the Suns - what about a 3 way, since we are fantasizing? Lewis and Fortson to Phoenix, Marion and Barbosa to Golden State and Murphy and Pietrus to Seattle? O.k...I know it won't happen...

I think more realistically and to make the cap work the trade would have to be Lewis and Fortson to PHO, Marion and Barbosa to GS, Pietrus, Dunnyboy, Foyle, and Monta to Seattle. Now I'm as loathe to give up monta as the next guy but I don't see much of a difference between barbosa and monta right now so basically we're trading pietrus, dunnyboy, and foyle for marion, which is obviously a good deal if seattle accepts it
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:44 am
coltraning wrote:what about a 3 way, since we are fantasizing? Lewis and Fortson to Phoenix, Marion and Barbosa to Golden State and Murphy and Pietrus to Seattle? O.k...I know it won't happen...

You mean three team trade, not 3 way......... right...... :shock:

The Sonics would want as much talent as possible and so they would have to be sold on Murphy's rebounding and shooting skills, Pietrus's upside, great athleticism and good outside shot, Dun's........ well his potential to be fundamentally sound and effective and Foyle's shot blocking (what else is there about him).

It would have to probably be a trade that sends Murphy, Pietrus, dun and either Taft, Biedrins or O'bryant and that's alright if the team gets Marion. Barbosa, if he is also included, could be used in a trade to get somone else or even a future 1st rounder

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:53 am
coltraning wrote: what about a 3 way, since we are fantasizing? Lewis and Fortson to Phoenix, Marion and Barbosa to Golden State and Murphy and Pietrus to Seattle? O.k...I know it won't happen...

:dontknow: If we were going to do that, I'd rather trade for Rahsard Lewis instead of Marion...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:05 am
Marion would be a far better fit on the team! Lewis could be rather ineffective if he didn't get his share of shots. At least marion brings many things

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:09 am
Yeah, but I said before it's an acquired taste. I just like Lewis that much. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:04 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I think more realistically and to make the cap work the trade would have to be Lewis and Fortson to PHO, Marion and Barbosa to GS, Pietrus, Dunnyboy, Foyle, and Monta to Seattle. Now I'm as loathe to give up monta as the next guy but I don't see much of a difference between barbosa and monta right now so basically we're trading pietrus, dunnyboy, and foyle for marion, which is obviously a good deal if seattle accepts it

I wouldn't trade Monta for Barbosa. I think there's a reason Phoenix has him on the block... I don't think he can survive without Steve Nash.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Next

Return to Trades