W's trade rumors for AI

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:54 pm
i just want to kno where u all are finding these "rumors". i havent heard any talks what so ever of AI getting close to bevoming a warrior.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:53 pm
i havent heard him and the warriors together either, but Atlanta and Denver seem to be the highest publicized possibilies.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:09 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:i havent heard him and the warriors together either, but Atlanta and Denver seem to be the highest publicized possibilies.

I've read that the Celts are looking to get him to. As the offseason approaches its end there will likely be more teams that will offer more but right now there does not seem to be many good offers for the sixers.

Baron and Murphy, no more

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Migya, make your pick in the redistro of nba talent thread
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:01 pm
I did as soon as I realised what was going on

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:05 am
Last I've read, Denver was offering Andre Miller and Camby for him... The Celts will have a hard time matching that, unless they're willing to include Gerald Green and Al Jefferson.

Any of those two offers would be better than Murph, Dun-Dun or whatever we may offer...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:37 am
TMC wrote:Last I've read, Denver was offering Andre Miller and Camby for him... The Celts will have a hard time matching that, unless they're willing to include Gerald Green and Al Jefferson.

Any of those two offers would be better than Murph, Dun-Dun or whatever we may offer...

If I was in charge of the Celts right now, I'd really seriously think about trading either one and even both, if the right trade came up, Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins. I'd rather keep Perkins because he is a center and a great shot blocker and even more of a rebounder than Jefferson. There are many real good PFs out there and Jefferson has not progressed as expected, though it is early. Pierce is getting older and will not stay at the level he is at for much longer and with him, the Celtic's chances of winning it all are probably better. Gerald Green would have to become Piercelike otherwise the Celts should look to get proven players to really have a chance of being champions.

Allen Iverson is probably not the answer for them but Ainge could offer Jefferson, West and Wally and even one more player such as Gomes, Allen or Ratliff for Iverson and Webber. I don't like Webber but he was remarkable last season and a real surprise, I thought he was only going to get worse! The Celts then would have Telfair on the bech for a year or two, or even have starting PG with Iverson SG and Pierce SF, Webber at PF and Perkins at Center. THAT IS A PRETTY GOOD TEAM! Off the bench, Green, either two of Gomes, Allen or Ratliff and the rest of them, such as Leon Powe

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:45 am
Boston offer was composed of Telfair, Wally, Ratliff and either Green or Jefferson... It's not bad, but it's a risk. Ratliff is a shadow of his former self, Telfair is a question mark, talented but disappointing so far, and Wally has a lot of money left in his contract.

Also, Philly has the SG/SF spots covered. I'm not sure I'd pick that offer over Denver's. Now, if Jefferson and Green were on the deal instead of Ratliff...

Philly's roster would be something like this:

PG.- Telfair/ Green/ Ollie
SG.- Iggy/ Carney/ Williams
SF.- Szcerbiak/ Korver/ Green
PF.- Webber/ Jefferson/ Randolph
C.- Dalembert/ Hunter

I see a lot of talent on that roster, and a lot of possible trades to happen... That would be the best way to go for Philly, although they would be trading AI to a division rival.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:53 am
Trading Iverson to a division rival is definately something I wouldn't do! Ask Denver for Miller and Camby. If they don't accept, then the Clippers for Maggette and either Livingston or Kaman. To the TWolves for Foye and Ricky Davis is another. I would propose to the sonics - Iverson for Lewis, Ridnour and a sign and trade of Wilcox, even for 9 million a year or so. The sonics are desperate to get some talent and pairing Iverson and Allen would give them the best backcourt in the nba.

I would trade Iverson West no matter what
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:55 am
Trading Iverson to a division rival is definately something I wouldn't do! Ask Denver for Miller and Camby. If they don't accept, then the Clippers for Maggette and either Livingston or Kaman. To the TWolves for Foye and Ricky Davis is another. I would propose to the sonics - Iverson for Lewis, Ridnour and a sign and trade of Wilcox, even for 9 million a year or so. The sonics are desperate to get some talent and pairing Iverson and Allen would give them the best backcourt in the nba.

I would trade Iverson West no matter what

That was me

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:57 am
I don't really care about division rivalries. If the offer is better for your team, then do it, no matter if you're going to face your ex-player 4 times each year.

Any other way, and you'd be hurting your own team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:21 pm
But you can always get as good an offer from a team in the other conference. I wouldn't want to see the superstar that was traded all that often at all!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:41 pm
Players put their best games on against their former teams. Ask Shaquille O'Neal if beating LA is a priority to him.

Antawn Jamison has said plenty of times that playing against Golden State always ups his adrenaline. Beating your former team is something everyone wants to do.

That said, the Celtics appear to be the only team seriously courting Iverson, so Boston may have no choice.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:02 pm
It is still early. I expected a few teams to offer something good for Iverson. If it doesn't happen, he might just be staying put where he is

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:24 am
But you can always get as good an offer from a team in the other conference. I wouldn't want to see the superstar that was traded all that often at all!

Sure. If the offers are similar, I'd trade him to the other conference, but if one is better than the other (as is the case here), then rivalries do not matter.

Look at it this way, you get the players of the other team, and they'll have the same motivation against them.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades