Vote for the Bad Sportsmanship Awards

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:33 pm
Hey guys, take a look at this website. They have an annual “Cobby” Awards where we can submit the worst sportsmanship awards. The winner in each sport will get a big Golden Corn Cobb trophy lol. Check it out its www.jockreport.com

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:22 pm
perfect time to nominate zidane
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:55 pm
perfect time to nominate zidane

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:58 am
Nice little clip TMC!

Zidane must have wanted to go out being talked about!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:04 am
Yeah. Who cares what Materazzi said?. Zidane was a dumb f*cker for the way he answered. Trash talking is part of the game. Ask Gary Payton.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:49 am
Apparently the other guy said something about his sister and called him a terrorist but Zidane is way too experienced to do that! Looks like he just wanted to go out with a bang!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:51 am
Looks like he just wanted to go out with a bang!

Well, he did it. ::lol:

He lost the game for his team. BANG!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:34 pm
^ soccer is a one man sport?

anyone who pins the loss on zidane, and zidane alone is an idiot. if you did not familiarize yourself with soccer when it was crammed down your throat by espn all month long, then all hope is lost for you.

stick to basketball.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:56 pm
It is when that man alone changes the way the game is played, and when that man alone is the captain of his team and the man that all his teammates refer to, and when that player is the best penalty taker of his team. (hint===> they lose by one penalty)

It wouldn't be in any other case, but this time it is.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:42 pm
While it definately impacted the game, one player shouldn't be blamed for the loss. While a semi cheap shot, I kinda admire him a bit. ---***030***---

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:48 pm
"It was worse than Michael Barrett punching A.J. Pierzynski," reasoned Mikey, 8, of the head butt, "because this hurt more."

While it's up there, I coundn't disagree more...then again this is coming from an 8 year old...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:31 pm
without zidane, france would of probably lost 1-0. he got their only goal. but lets completely disregard that because, well, zidane can do nothing right in your eyes.

france has plenty of weapons. err, excuse me. they HAD plenty of weapons until one particular weapon decided to be a whimp and take himself out of the game because of cramps. thierry henry is a top 3 strikers in the world and he pretty much quit on the team. maybe it's his fault too?

now, put zidane into the line up of PK kickers. barthez is a joke. he's garbage so i don't expect him to block anything. and he didn't. thats 5 goals for italy. hypothetically speaking of course, because we don't know what would of happened. buffon was sucking it up too during the PK's guessing wrong almost every time. lets say zidane makes his kick, but that sub still misses his - i forgot his name but it ended in ghey or gay or whatever.

dont tell me the french were demoralized because they're all professionals playing for their country. they should of taken care of business, especially the goale who fell flat on his face. and especially the sub, who had fresh legs and everything but clanked one of the most important kicks in his entire life.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:49 pm
TMC wrote:
Looks like he just wanted to go out with a bang!

Well, he did it. ::lol:

He lost the game for his team. BANG!!!

And he's going bald :mrgreen:

Though Zidane can't be blamed exclusively for the loss, he did make it much harder for his team to win!

Question - Who do you think is better Zidane or Figo

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:12 am
france has plenty of weapons. err, excuse me. they HAD plenty of weapons until one particular weapon decided to be a whimp and take himself out of the game because of cramps. thierry henry is a top 3 strikers in the world and he pretty much quit on the team. maybe it's his fault too?

Henry, Vieira and Ribery were already on the bench. Zidane was the only "brain" that team had on the court when he was ejected... You can really believe Wiltord or Trezeguet were going to do anything without him. (And I like Trezeguet, but he's only a scorer. He can't create.)

Agree about Barthez, tho. That keeper is a joke. He makes a good saving from time to time, but overall, he's insecure. The worst thing a goalkeeper can be. I can't believe Coupet was on the bench the whole World Cup.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:16 am
Question - Who do you think is better Zidane or Figo

I'm a Barça fan. I hate them both. :mrgreen:

But, to be honest, I don't think they can be compared. I like Figo's style better (when he was faster than he is right now. And I don't hold any grudge against him for going to Madrid. They all go where the money is.).

But, even having Figo as one of my faves, I acknowledge that Zidane is in another level. He's one of the greatest of all time, except when he goes nuts and does something stupid like the other day. And it happened more often than it seems.
Next

Return to Sports Board