hows about instead of harrington, we go after josh smith

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:52 pm
smith at SF gets an absurd number of blocks. let Al go to indy and we somehow try and get smith.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:35 pm
Atl would be stupid to do so now. Maybe they'd still entertain a BD offer ( BD/POB/Kosta/Zarko for S&T Harrington/Smith/Lue? ) but I doubt it ---***030***---
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Atl would be stupid to do so now.

Yeah. There's a big difference between those two. Harrington is on the market, Smith ain't.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:43 am
Josh Smith is untouchable right now! He has alot of potential and had a great last couple of months of the season! Getting him would give the team a great defensive presence but the Hawks wouldn't want any of the players on the Warriors right now, except maybe O'bryant, a Center that has not failed yet and so is still hyped as having many skills

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:41 pm
I wouldnt mind taking Josh Smith for Patrick o Bryant
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:49 pm
I don’t think anyone would mind—except Atlanta. Hell, I’d take Sene for O’bryant just on rep alone.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:02 am
O'bryant and Pietrus for Josh smith and future 1st rounder or even 2nd rounder could be viable! I'd go for that

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:13 am
O'bryant and Pietrus for Josh smith and future 1st rounder or even 2nd rounder could be viable! I'd go for that

Viable for us, sure... Atlanta would be crazy to go for that.

Also, the Hawks are in the middle of a court case regarding their legitimate owner. They're not allowed to sign players with contracts of more than one year or something like that (besides Claxton, as the ruling came right after the signing). I don't know the details, but they're severely hampered when it comes to signings. Every signing would probably require an agreement between the parts or to be allowed by the judge.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2006/07/07/handcuffing_the.html
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:48 am
The Hawks need a Center and O'bryant was a lottery pick and not proven to be great or horrible yet. The Hawks would need to view Pietrus as an emerging player to go for this, something they might think a bit but not enough to trade Smith.

Unless Foyle is traded there are just too many Centers on the team (three) and they will not all be used effectively. Probable that Foyle will be used the most and O'bryant the least, leading to a waste of time!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:50 am
I think we'll go with three centers this season. I'm not sure the team is sold on Biedrins and "The Chef" ain't ready yet, so I'm pretty sure there will be no trades regarding our centers, unless we're getting another center.

Return to Trades