Next year's favorites

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:08 am
I think it's still way too early. I expect Miami to make moves during the offseason, and several other teams, too. Trade season have just started...

With that said, I don't see Orlando as a playoff team yet, maybe in one or two more seasons. And look out for Boston (if they make the AI trade).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:19 pm
yeah, I think they'll be a sleeper and if dwight howard, jameer nelson, darko, and JJ all play to their potential this could be a contender team. As you see I predicted them to only win 44 games, I just think that there is a chance in hell of them winning

I dunno...

I can see playoffs... in an ideal situation for them, I can see the 2nd-round... but I can't see Orlando going any further than that next season. Chicago's a contender next season, LeBron (whose only getting better) pulled the Cav's into the 2nd round, Detroit's not done yet, and Miami will be a contender for another year or two... I can't see Orlando getting a break around ALL 4 of those teams...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:08 pm
The Magic can contend for the playoffs. They were pretty close last season. Still, they won't get out of the 1st round.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:56 am
The Magic have one of the highest potentials right now of teams in the East but they will likely stuff it up again and finish out of the playoffs. Their coach is nothing special and that is a huge factor, as we know!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:56 pm
I think they might make the playoffs. I just don't think they'll make it out of the 1st round.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:52 pm
I hope they make it but they seem to be a real underachieving team and franchise. Jameer Nelson must become a great PG, scoring, passing and playing adequate defese and Dwight Howard must become more of a scorer. These two must lead for their team because they have the highest potential. Maybe Brewer can really be a factor and make them a threat even in the playoffs but they will likely not even make it

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:06 am
migya wrote:I hope they make it but they seem to be a real underachieving team and franchise. Jameer Nelson must become a great PG, scoring, passing and playing adequate defese and Dwight Howard must become more of a scorer. These two must lead for their team because they have the highest potential. Maybe Reddick can might be a factor and make them a threat even in the playoffs but they will likely not even make it

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:11 am
I stand with what I said a few months ago. I don't like their whole roster except Howard and Nelson. They can't expect to go anywhere with that roster.

Unless they improve the roster, they're going to be a clone of KG's T'Wolves when they reached the playoffs every year to get out on the first round.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:14 am
TMC wrote:I stand with what I said a few months ago. I don't like their whole roster except Howard and Nelson. They can't expect to go anywhere with that roster.

Unless they improve the roster, they're going to be a clone of KG's T'Wolves when they reached the playoffs every year to get out on the first round.

If Grant hill was healthy and close to the player he was the Magic could be an elite team but that's all over

Previous

Return to Sports Board