ANY MAJOR TRADES?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:45 pm
ANYONE HEAR OF ANY RECENT MAJOR TRADE RUMORS INVOLVING THE WARRIORS? ITS BEEN PRETTY QUIET DURING THE LAST 2 DAYS.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:00 am
Looks like AL Harrington is coming to the warriors via a sign and trade deal according to hoopshype.com

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:59 am
i think it was reported by TK from the SJMN. i think we gotta wait till wed until anything is announced.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:59 pm
Not really sure what to think of Harrington with the dubs. :-s This is one of those ho-hum deals, and is this the best we can get for a Murphy & Pietrus package (if this is what it’ll cost us)? But, I guess, on the bright side, he does bring inside scoring/slashing, scrappiness, along with decent rebounding & maybe D, so it could be the missing piece to better compliment our team. I guess this is for chemistry and better balance, if nothing else.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:39 pm
I dunno if its for Murphy and Petrius...Doesnt sound right to me. Nevetheless, having Harrington makes our interior a lot stronger in comparison to Murphy. I think Harrington and Diogu is perfect since we really dont have a scoring center.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:45 pm
That’s what’s being reported (guessed) on the SJMN. “…probably will cause the departure of Troy Murphy or Mickael Pietrus or both in the deal.”

I went with the worse case scenario. Yeah, Harrington has a chance to work out well, and good point above.

And if we do this Harrington trade for whomever, the other question is, is this it?

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:20 pm
There could be one more possible change in the roster, if this one goes through, I'm not super sure if it'll happen, but it's just my gut feeling.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:44 pm
ChurroChou wrote:There could be one more possible change in the roster, if this one goes through, I'm not super sure if it'll happen, but it's just my gut feeling.

If you're thinking about AI, we apparently are one of the top teams in negotiations with them...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:48 pm
Yeah - I am guessing this is a good possibility since Kawakami of the Merc is not usually too rash and seems to have a good connection to Mullin. Nice starting five: BD, JRich, Harrington, Diogu and Biedrins? With Monta, Taft, Bryant and Dungleavy off the bench - an upgrade for sure... :-k
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:58 am
I don't think Harrington fits our team at all. I like him, but not for the kind of bball we should play (or, at least, for the kind of bball our roster is more able to play).

Everytime I saw Al, he seems to slow down the tempo, going for the one on one play on offense. And he's good at that, but I don't think it helps players like J-Rich or Pietrus if we slow down the game.

I think Al is more suited for the Pacer's BBall than ours.

With that said, If Al comes to the Warriors, I'm with ChurroChou. I expect, at least, a couple more moves. Nothing earthshaking, tho.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:57 pm
I checked hoopshype today and apparently Al Harrington is 1 of 6 players that the W's are currently going for. If AI is among the group, who could be the other 4? Anyone have ideas? Maybe KG as well?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:01 pm
Chris Wilcox seems to be one...

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:34 pm
We'll without a doubt of who we bring in, there is going to be a major roster shake up nevertheless. I'd hate seeing Murphy leave the Ws (because of his double doubles) but it'll definitely be an upgrade for us to bring in Harrington at SF.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:44 pm
murphs double doubles are kinda overrated. he only gets 10 rebounds because nobody else on our team can or will. foyle cant rebound, ike gets no PT, andris gets no PT, taft is hurt. troy is the only one left to rebound. JR is a good rebounding G tho.
im sure if you gave ike the same amount of PT, he will outproduce all of murphs #s except 3pts made and attempted.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:00 pm
That's pretty encouranging to hear, and we don't need to jack up that many 3's anyways.
Next

Return to Trades