Fisher to the Jazz?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:13 pm
hey guys, haent been on for a long ol time, but cuz of this suppose trade wanted to see what everone thought about it. Honestly i like it a lot. Like that one guest said, these players have 1 year deals, that equal less then fishers contract, which in fact is multiyear....believe it or not, the warriors currently are the 5th highest salaried team and we need to start seeing that number down and actually get more money's worth.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:14 pm
wait i forgot to log in..that was my post....for those who have n e comments jus lettin u kno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:13 pm
this better be a prelude to a sign or trade {Harrington) or this is going to go down as the worst move this off-season. Fisher was the only guy on our team that has won a championship. And he was clutch, from the 3-point line and free throw line.

i guess mully loved monta so much he thought he could give up fisher and his big contract.

so far this off-season has sucked. if we ge harrington, ill change my mind....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:36 pm
Great trade... If, and only if, Baron stays healthy. This will give Monta the time he needs. I'm thinking 25-30 mins a game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:27 pm
First of all we could dump all three, at any given time!!! In the BIG picture, It gives the W's more room to get a Quality 3 who can score 15 to 17 pts ON any GIVEN NIGHT, We all remember Dunleavy Jr, Big disappointment for all of us, As much as we RAG on Foyle and Bedrins and any one else who plays the 5, together!!! They are not that bad. Let's just realx and see what happens. I like the trade!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:35 am
I don't like this trade too much, other than the fact that we dumped salary.

Well, I do like one other thing. Monta's going to get a lot more minutes this year, which can only be a good thing.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:36 am
Oops, posted that without logging in.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:52 am
TMC wrote:That they want Fish?, probably true. I just don't know what they might offer. Maybe in a three team trade...

Or maybe we should do another proposal. Fisher and Murphy for Sloan. :wink:

That'd be great!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:09 am
Anonymous wrote:Well, I do like one other thing. Monta's going to get a lot more minutes this year, which can only be a good thing.

That must have been the whole point and it may end up being the best move Mullin has made!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:51 am
FISHER TO UTAH:

PROS:
-DUMPING A VERY VERY BIG CONTRACT FOR A BACKUP
-MAKING CAP ROOM POTENTIALLY FOR A SMALL FORWARD
-MORE PLAYING TIME FOR MONTA

CONS:
-LOSING EXPERIENCE AND A QUALITY VETERAN
-LOSING A GOOD GUY IN THE COMMUNITY.

IF YOU ASK ME THE PROS OUTWEIGH THE CONS. BUT THIS TRADE WONT MATTER MUCH IF MULLIN DOESN'T CREATE A TRADE UTILIZING THE NEW CAP ROOM FOR A GOOD PLAYER.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:36 pm
This trade makes no sense they gave up their only player with chiompian exp. and one of their leaders ANd all they got was three players who sucked, but he was overpaid so maybe theyll have more room to do something
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:52 pm
its not about the players we got. its about the enormous contract that one of our backup players had. the 3 players are just there so that the deal goes through. i would be surprised if more than one of them actually make the team. i predict at least two to get bought out.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:12 pm
Fisher has championship experience but what has that given to the team!!!! No playoffs means that experience means jackshiit!

With the space created, Mullin can either sign someone else that is needed or trade for one bringing on a little more salary if required. The best thing here is that Monta Ellis will get more playing time, an obvious reason why Mullin would trade Fisher for nothing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:43 pm
migya...all i got to say is amen
Previous

Return to Trades