Al Harrington to GS?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:44 pm
I think Al would be better than dunleavy though
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:00 pm
He would also be more expensive!

Harrington, like many players already on the Warriors' roster, needs a good passing player to get him the ball. That is alright with Baron, if he plays alot that is, but otherwise he would be less effective. I like how Harrington scraps, that is a good trait but he is nothing more than anyone on the team. Dunleavy is crap but if he can not be traded then no to getting Harrington

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:59 am
looks like AH is coming to the warriors...

at least that is what hoopshype is hinting. Appears to be a signa nd trade deal
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:38 am
HARRINGTON IS MORE PHYSICAL AND MORE ATHLETIC THAN DUNLEAVY. DUNLEAVY HAS SHOWN TO BE A DECENT PLAYERS AT TIMES BUT NOTHING MORE THAN A ROLE PLAYER...WHICH ULTIMATELY WILL PUT HIM ON THE BENCH UNTIL HE CAN PROVE OTHERWISE. HARRINGTON BRINGS THE SAVVY NASTY PLAYER WE'VE BEEN NEEDING.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:30 pm
murphy is slow as a slug. he can shoot which is nice. but he's no starter. good role player indeed.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:15 pm
Anonymous wrote:HARRINGTON IS MORE PHYSICAL AND MORE ATHLETIC THAN DUNLEAVY. DUNLEAVY HAS SHOWN TO BE A DECENT PLAYERS AT TIMES BUT NOTHING MORE THAN A ROLE PLAYER...WHICH ULTIMATELY WILL PUT HIM ON THE BENCH UNTIL HE CAN PROVE OTHERWISE. HARRINGTON BRINGS THE SAVVY NASTY PLAYER WE'VE BEEN NEEDING.

True that Harrington is an upgrade from dun but dun would have to be traded or the salaries would mount up and possibly impede the signing of the young guys

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:01 pm
migya wrote:He would also be more expensive!

Harrington, like many players already on the Warriors' roster, needs a good passing player to get him the ball.

he didnt have a good passer as such in Atlanta.Joe Johnson?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:28 pm
Joe Johnson is a good passer and Harrington would have been the focal point of the opposition's defense and would not have had such a good season

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:39 am
Harrington would definitely be an upgrade at our 3 position. I know he played power forward in Atlanta but I doubt he would get the starting nod at that position w/ the warriors. If there aren't any more acquistions after supposedly acquiring Harrington --which I would doubt and dread--the starting 5 would look like this:

pg - b diddy
sg - j rich
sf - harrington
pf- ike
c - foyle/beidrins/obryant

not that bad....but I believe if Mully wants to keep his job and finally please his EXTREMELY Patient fans, he better look for more shakeups and trades to upgrade this roster.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:41 am
but I believe if Mully wants to keep his job and finally please his EXTREMELY Patient fans, he better look for more shakeups and trades to upgrade this roster.

I'm just sure of one thing. Mullin's job is not at stake. Not as long as Cohan is the owner.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:33 pm
damn when the hell is this trade gonna happen...i've been sitting and waiting for a week now!?! :banghead:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:05 am
anyone hear of any new news on this deal?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:21 am
No update from this end.
I have searched every rumor and news site there is today.
No news at all yet. Could be the calm before the storm , or it could be several more days of waiting. :cry:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:54 pm
Give me AI.

Murphy, Dunleavy, & Pietrus for AI.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:44 am
I can't think of a quicker way to put the team in the sh*tter than to trade for AI...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Trades