murphy to indy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:18 pm
what if we traded murphy to indy for jackson and AJ would this be a good trade
Last edited by Adrian93 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:21 pm
For Indy?, hell, yeah,... They're trying to trade S-Jax anywhere, and they would even get Murph as a bonus...

Why do we want those two?

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:40 pm
i think this trade will work because i checked it on realgm but jackson is an average small forward and Anthony is a solid pg but since the fisher trade we might not need him

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:51 pm
I would love this trade. I have a pole on the pacers message board on who would like Murphy as our center. Or basiclly to play in the post with JO. So far it is 39 yea 53 nea. I like the guy but hea what can I say I would give you Tinsley and Foster for Murphy if you wanted. Foster is a rebounding Machine and plays good D. Tinsley I believe is pulling the same act Barron pullen in NO. He is a very good PG when he plays. I just think he wants out of Indy. Too many flu like symptoms for an exuse why he did not play to be true.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:55 pm
were not going to take your indiana rejects for a player who has established himself as a regular double double man. were going to try to get the best player available for him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:57 pm
Stephen Jackson is a good SF but nothing special. I really still think Pietrus could be very effective and better than Jackson at least, so no to this trade. I would offer Murphy for Granger and an expiring contract to make the deal work and see what the Pacers think. Right now, Jackson is ahead of Granger in their lineup so Granger is not that important yet.

Has Fisher been traded or is that yet to happen? I can't find anything that confirms that trade

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:15 pm
It can't happen before the 12th since one of the players they're sending needs to resign first.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:41 pm
It can't happen before the 12th since one of the players they're sending needs to resign first.

Yeah, there's a deal in place, but it can't happen til Owens signs his new contract with Utah, and then gets traded to us, on the 12th.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:50 am
How about Troy Murphy & Monta Ellis for Anthony Johnson, Steven Jackson & Shawne Williams. This would give you a vet back up PG that can handle the reigns if Baron goes down. ( did you see his 40 pt game in the play offs) Steven Jackson would be an upgrade at your SF position. Shawne Williams is a young rookie with great upside. In two years I could see him and Diogu being the face of this franchise. Of course J-Rich would still be the leader but this team would be nasty.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:06 am
How about Troy Murphy & Monta Ellis for Anthony Johnson, Steven Jackson & Shawne Williams.

Warriors Nation would literally KILL Mullin if he dares to trade Monta right now...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:56 am
As far as deals, Mullin may not pull off anything major! He really has to use players like Murphy to get anything good, no need for great. I am really getting more and more interested in just a trade for expirer with Murphy. He is in the way of Diogu and that is the biggest problem. The salary issue is what will most probably stop anything major from happening

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades