Who would have thought that NOH would be this good this fast

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:30 pm
they barely missed the playoffs last year and now they come back and get b-jax who is a good PG when healthy and peja. and i also heard that tyson and chandler and fillers could be going to NOH for PJ and JR Smith. mix that in with superstar CP3 and NOH can be very good next season. they also drafted simmons and armstrong as well.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:34 pm
They were saving their cash for a good free agent... but Peja??!

Wrong move, Hornets. Shoulda waited another year for the big guns to come out. Now they'll have to settle with the downward spiral this one-dimensional shooter's career has tailed into. Nice grab, Orleans. How about working up a trade for Adonal Foyle next.

Peja's all-star glamor makes the grab seem decent, but the Hornets won't make it past Round 1 next year. Chris Paul is going to be a great PG... but Mike Bibby is already a great PG, and even he couldn't save Stojakovic's game. The true value of this pickup will present itself next season... and it won't be pretty for the Hornets.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:52 am
I think Stojakovic is a good signing for the Hornets, although he's probably going to be overpaid in the long run. I think he's going to be worthy for the next 3 seasons, and become a burden since then.

But that was a move the Hornets needed badly. Now they have a playoff team (likely, but not a sure thing), and a chance to be succesful for a few years. They also have the makings of a pretty good inside game (I'm not sold on Armstrong, and PJ Brown will be a free agent next season, but West is a good player and I love Cedric Simmons). That team is going to be a very good team for the next few years. Not a contender, tho.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:18 pm
Out of all the free agents in the next 2 or 3 seasons, you'd toss all your eggs in Peja's basket...?

I agree that the foundation they already have (namely, West & Paul) is solid... but Bobby Jackson (while still solid) is only getting older and Peja Stojakovic is good for name value alone. He's gone from being a league-feared shooter to just another warm body on the roster. The only reason he managed to keep his PPG average at 15 was because he was still taking a franchise-player-amount of shots. He's a bad sign, in my opinion. He gives them credibility, but no game. It would have been wiser to wait it out another year and grab a free agent with legit talent, rather than rush the project.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:59 pm
TMC wrote:I think Stojakovic is a good signing for the Hornets, although he's probably going to be overpaid in the long run. I think he's going to be worthy for the next 3 seasons, and become a burden since then.

But that was a move the Hornets needed badly. Now they have a playoff team (likely, but not a sure thing), and a chance to be succesful for a few years. They also have the makings of a pretty good inside game (I'm not sold on Armstrong, and PJ Brown will be a free agent next season, but West is a good player and I love Cedric Simmons). That team is going to be a very good team for the next few years. Not a contender, tho.

Agree!

Peja is a good fit as the Hornets needed a good shooter. Bobby Jackson may or may not fit, it'd be great for them if he can play like he did in the Kings. Chandler may or may not end up playing well but rebounds and blocks are all he really needs to provide for the Hornets. I think it is the two rookies that may make them a playoff team as they could bring the necessary ingredients and energy.

The youth of the Hornets may make them a real good team for the next decade

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:33 am
I just think that their roster changes are a little weird. Why draft two inside players and then trade for another one?. They needed a SG, and still traded PJ Brown and Smith for Chandler...

If they were going to trade for Chandler, they should have drafted Carney, Brewer or even Shawnee Williams (who I think will become a very good player) . If not, they should have traded Brown and Smith for someone that helps at SG.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:14 am
TMC wrote:I just think that their roster changes are a little weird. Why draft two inside players and then trade for another one?. They needed a SG, and still traded PJ Brown and Smith for Chandler...

If they were going to trade for Chandler, they should have drafted Carney, Brewer or even Shawnee Williams (who I think will become a very good player) . If not, they should have traded Brown and Smith for someone that helps at SG.

Yea, some teams make moves that are baffling!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 pm
thats too bad for the heat. peja wouldve been a nice scoring fit in miami. now they'll have to keep their 3rd go to option in the air for another year unless they make a move

Return to Sports Board