Fisher to the Jazz?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Jul 3 - The Deseret Morning News reports if the Utah Jazz can't find shooting help via free-agency, they may have an alternate route to fill their glaring need. According to the newspaper it's believed Utah has spoken with Golden State about trading for veteran guard Derek Fisher, and a proposal may be on the table.

Anybody know if there's any truth to this rumor...? ( [-o< Please, God, not Boozer...)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:28 pm
That they want Fish?, probably true. I just don't know what they might offer. Maybe in a three team trade...

Or maybe we should do another proposal. Fisher and Murphy for Sloan. :wink:

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:42 pm
i heard that too. but who would we get in return? harpring? giricek? i hope that mully can find a way to pry brewer from them. i really wanted brewer in the draft hopefully we can get him this way.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:19 pm
I checked jazzfanz.com and it seems almost everyone there are adamant about not taking on Fishers contract. I can't see why anyone would really. He'll be okay value for his money next year and maybe the second after that but after that it'll be horrible...

Can't really believe this rumor.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:00 pm
if mully can get at least brewer for fisher that would be the ultimate.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:16 pm
no, the ultimate is if he could get rid of foyle's, fisher's and dunleavy's dollars off our books

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:16 pm
no, the ultimate is if he could get rid of foyle's, fisher's and dunleavy's dollars off our books

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:16 pm
FISHER AND MURPHY FOR KIERILINKO.

o yeah.....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:00 am
Harpring is a free agent. And I don't want any player they may have not named Kirilenko, Deron Williams or Brewer. So... we'd be better off not trading him, unless they give us their first rounders for the next decade.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:01 pm
Brewer and next year's first rounder... you wouldn't be interested in that?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:30 pm
Brewer and next year's first rounder... you wouldn't be interested in that?

They won't trade us Brewer alone. Much less with a pick.

And if they were willing, ... I would still ask for Sloan. Seriously.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:44 am
Looks like its Fisher for Devin Brown, Keith McLeod, and Andre Owens.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4014237

We get more of a pass-first backup PG and a couple athletic defensive minded wings (I think that's what they are). I'm hoping that this trade leads up to dumping a long-term contract in Fisher to give us flexibility to trade for a large contract player (Harrington, Chandler?)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:27 am
I have watched the Jazz play ever since they moved to Utah. This past season, my 3 least favorite Jazz players were Milt Palacio, Devin Brown, and Keith McLeod, in roughly that order. Brown and McLeod couldn't shoot to save their lives, Brown committed defensive gaffe after defensive gaffe, and neither of them did anything to help the Jazz win. Brown seemed to flash a fair amount of potential when he played for the Spurs, so there may be something there, but I grew weary of watching him last season. Thanks for taking both in one trade -- though I have to admit that the length and pricetag of Fisher's contract worries me. The only good thing about Brown, McLeod, and Owens is that they can be dumped at any time.

Owens, by the way, played with a lot of energy, but he shot-puts his jumper and, more often than not, he looked overmatched -- a bit like most NBDL or CBA players under a 10-day contract.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:44 am
This trade makes no sense even though it's a salary dump or eventually trading for someone like Harrington or resigning space-cadet Pietrus next year.

The W's just lost their best 3pt shooter and free throw shooter and one of their toughest defenders!.

Even though this allows more time for Ellis to get more PT. I just don't know what the hell Mullie has in plan. Should've tried to pry Brewer from the Jazz!.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:06 pm
the Warriors are getting hosed here. the three players the Jazz are sending you are complete crap.

http://www.nbahoopsonline.com
Next

Return to Trades