Murphy for Ilgauakas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:43 pm
Who would consider this trade for Murph?. Murphy for Zydrunas Ilgauakas that's the recent trade talk of where Murph might end up going. I don't like the fact that Big Z is already 31 yrs old.

He's a good offensive center who could probably show POB and the other W's bigs a few of his moves.

I like the trade but not Big Z age. It would interesting to see how he would work with this W's squad?.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:04 pm
I like Illgauskas, always have. He has always been one of the best Centers in the nba and a very effective player.

I DON'T want him though! He would not fit in with the team, is winding down his career and could possibly get injured (more chance than Murphy). The team now has enough Centers and doesn't need anymore.

I'm very interested in Kendrick Perkins, though it seems like he will never be much of a scorer. He is a monster that rebounds and blocks shots better than nearly everyone in the nba. Maybe O'bryant and Murphy for Perkins and Wally would be alright, add a filler to make contracts work

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:31 pm
I DON'T want him though! He would not fit in with the team, is winding down his career and could possibly get injured (more chance than Murphy). The team now has enough Centers and doesn't need anymore.

Yep, that's what I think, too. Maybe if they were willing to take over Foyle's contract...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:42 pm
Horrible idea.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:46 pm
If it weren't for the fact that Z was old, slow, and lousy, I'd want him. I think that murphy is better than Z and we kind of have 4 centers already

Return to Trades