W's trade rumors for AI

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:07 pm
I haven't read anything about it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:33 pm
I haven't read anything about it o
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:59 am
AI is a proven winner, something the Warriors dont have right now, he never quits on his team and has more passion for winning than ANY warrior we have had in the last 10 years minus Arenas for half a year and JRich at the end of last year.

I wouldnt mind getting AI considering he took his average Sixers team to the finals awhile back. Yes he takes alot of shots but it what the team needs and he averages a ton of assists as well.

Yeah, I'd be worried about his age, tho. But as long as they don't ask for much... I mean, as long as Philly don't ask for J-Rich or Ike, I'd do any trade, including any picks they may want.

But, according to the most recent news, Boston and Denver are the main suitors for AI.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:25 am
boston may want to get iverson. but i dont think philly will trade AI to someone in their own division.

the most logical choice for philly is golden state. so, i hope mully can get AI for us. AI IS a Warrior. He gives his heart out every game. I like Baron, but Baron is no comparison to AI.

so mully, get it done.

trade for AI

then our skid for 12 years will be over....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:50 am
Thank you san jose ballers! I would give up baron for AI in a heartbeat. That deal would get us to the playoffs and let the sixers rebuild starting with a young star.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:55 am
To the playoffs, sure. We'd be axed in the first round for the next 2-3 years... and then we'd hit the lotto again. AI is not a fix, he would only be handy to distract the fans. Getting to the playoffs isn't the goal; getting GOOD is. Are we gunning for the ring (in the future) or are we gunning for the playoffs (now)...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:25 pm
#32 wrote:To the playoffs, sure. We'd be axed in the first round for the next 2-3 years... and then we'd hit the lotto again. AI is not a fix, he would only be handy to distract the fans. Getting to the playoffs isn't the goal; getting GOOD is. Are we gunning for the ring (in the future) or are we gunning for the playoffs (now)...?

I think we are gunning for now. the retards in the front office led us to the most dissapointing season in the league and then raised the ticket prices. First we have to get some prestige (up and coming team) and then some decent FAs will come to the new hot team just like the clippers. You don't go straight from the lotto to the promised land.
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:36 pm
Getting to the playoffs isn't the goal; getting GOOD is. Are we gunning for the ring (in the future) or are we gunning for the playoffs (now)...?

To me getting to the playoffs IS the goal.....No team goes straight from non-playoff team to Championship team. Lets make the playoffs and go from there. Whats the point of being GOOD if u dont ever make the playoffs???
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:41 pm
My point was that we shouldn't be gunning for a quick fix. Do any "hot free agents" bolt for Philly to play alongside AI...? Of course not. And it's not because they aren't fond of cheesesteaks. They know that playing next to Iverson is career suicide. I'd hate to see Golden State be the suckers that take AI. He's Billy King's anchor... and we don't need anything else pulling us down.

Personally, I'd much rather prefer a 3-team deal with Boston. Not taking fillers into account, Golden State would end up with Paul Pierce, the Celtics bite on AI, and Philly takes Baron Davis. It fixes our problem at SF and it frees up more PG time for Monta Ellis. We'd be losing a helluva point guard (who seems to make everyone better when he DOES play), but I think it would work out for the best.

But, bottom line, I won't be satisfied taking Iverson simply to get to the playoffs for 2 years, before plummeting back to where we were last season. It's just not forward-thinking.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:34 pm
The lastest rumor has Murphy going to Philly in a package for AI.

Mullin...DO IT!

Baron Davis
Allen Iverson
Jason Richardson
Ike Diogu
Andris Biendris

would be lethal!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:51 pm
The lastest rumor has Murphy going to Philly in a package for AI.

Mullin...DO IT!

Baron Davis
Allen Iverson
Jason Richardson
Ike Diogu
Andris Biendris

would be lethal!!!!!!

I thought Mullin said a while age that we ain't going after Iverson...

Whatever. If we go after AI (and I think we should, as long as J-Rich and Ike aren't involved), it makes no sense keeping Baron. It would be a recipe for disaster. Sort of like the Knicks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:24 am
Getting Iverson should be better than getting harrington but it'd take Murphy and Baron to get him

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:27 am
I THINK THE ALLEN IVERSON RUMORS ARE SWIRLING ONCE AGAIN BECAUSE THE AL HARRINGTON DEAL IS BECOMING A WASH-UP. BUT I MUST SAY IT WOULD BE VERY NICE HAVING A PLAYER WITH ALLEN IVERSON'S ABILITIES. BUT ITS KIND OF TOUGH THINKING ABOUT WHO WE WOULD HAVE TO PART WITH TO GET HIM.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:55 am
From what I've heard -- Philly wants Troy Murphy so they can move Webber to the C position, and move Dalembert to the bench.

Piertrus would be a "throw-in" to make salaries fit.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:14 pm
It would be nice to get AI on the team, but I wouldn't be surprised if we part ways with BD...who I think still deserves a chance to prove to all of us that he can bring the team to the playoffs.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades